11

BLAZE

Wow....

Snap out of it Blaze!

As soon as he began speaking I was intrigued. Why would someone as good looking and young as him be doing trying to help damaged people like me.

He snaps out of his intense stare and starts asking people around the group what they did the past few days.

He guides each person around the circle ever so differently to the last. He's really good at his job it seems. He has a way with words and the way he speaks to people, it could quite possibly be considered art.

He is art alright.

My nerves once again began kicking in. A part of me tells me that it might not be nerves. Maybe it's just this whole mentoring thing that's got me so exposed and so....so afraid.

"What's your name?" River's beautiful America accent breaks me out of my thoughts, he's looking right at me again. He's staring into my eyes like he's looking for something, analysing me.

"Blaze." I answer, my eyes not leaving his.

"Why are you here today Blaze?" He asks softly.

Something inside of me just wants to tell him everything. He's got something about him that makes me want to trust him.

I mean I know why I'm here, I think. The words just can't come out. I don't want to even think about forming any sentences about why I'm here. I'll be here all day.

Plus it's all too much.

With River's eyes burning into me and everyone else staring, my heart begins to beat out of my chest. My vision becomes blurry, and my head starts to increasingly pound. Squeezing my bloody and mashed up hand to try and gain some control doesn't seem to work.

I feel like I'm falling.

I quickly stand up and rush out of the room, not looking back.

I never ever want to be put in that position again. If the Casen's want to kick me out they can carry on. I don't ever want to feel that vulnerable again. Ever.

RIVER

Stepping into my session, I see a face I do not recognise. One that has never been here before. She seems different from the rest.

This girl seems more genuine than all the other people that attend my sessions. I see through this girl's eyes that she needs help. I didn't even need to look at her bloody, bandaged up hand to know.

At one glance I can see myself in this girl. It pains me to see someone else going through what I went through.

Blaze

Something tells me this girl lives up to her name.

As I ask her the question I ask everyone that attends, I see through her scowl and her frown that she's contemplating something.

She fidgets in her seat, repeatedly glancing at the door. She's going to bolt out of here.

She runs out the door, not looking back.