8

My heart was beating out of my chest.

Muffled words,
And blurry people.

Calling. Repeating my name,
Over and over again.

The world is spinning,
Like a dropped coin,
That won't stop moving.

I'm outside,
My body and mind.

My legs are dragging along,
This endless patch earth.
Barely walking.

Regret, stubbornness, pain.
All jumbled into one.

I think....
I think I need help.
Though I can never admit it.
I can't say it out loud.

Mute.

BLAZE

The streetlights shone brightly as we drove past. The glowing lights brought me to a peaceful state of mind. I've always loved the nightlights. They're the only thing, to me, that makes the dark seem innocent, light. I can watch them all night without thinking about anything, better than alcohol and drugs at times.

The car pulled up outside Joanna's house. From outside the house seemed calm and silent. The parties Bentley and I normally attend are lively as soon as you're around the corner. This one however seemed lifeless, I kind of wish I went to Carla's, even though I don't really want to see the ditching bitch right now.

"This is most definitely going to be the most boring party I've gone to all year." I groan, looking towards Bentley who laughed, stepping out of the other side of the car to quickly open my door.

"Bloody hell. Who are you? And what have you done with Bentley? Quite the gentleman tonight are we?" I step out of the car watching as he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up you." He lightly punches my arm.

"Here you go before I forget, I think we both might need one." I hand him a pill, knocking one back myself.

"You're a bad influence on me Blaze. Supplying drugs is a criminal offence you know?"

"What are you going to do? Get me arrested," I laugh, "you'd miss me too much."

"True."

We both stroll up to the front door, knocking it a few times before anyone comes to answer.

"Come on in." Cori answers the door, glancing at his appearance, I burst out laughing.

He had on a a shirt and tie, tucked into some jeans and had trainers on. He looked like he was going on an embarrassing first date.

"W-what the h-hell are you wearing, Peanut?" I choke out, struggling with my words, the poor kid looked ridiculous.

He looks down at his outfit and glances up at me, embarrassment written all over his face.

"Here let me help." I rip the tie from around his neck, untuck his shirt and unbutton a few buttons on his shirt. I ruffle my hand through his hair making his hair slightly fall down on his forehead.

"All better." I smile kindly.

"Thanks." He gleamed.