Chapter 5

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"I invited Camila to dinner" Ma says as I pull orange juice out the refrigerator.

"Why?" I want her to come but what if she doesn't want to and what if she doesn't feel comfortable enough around us anymore.

"Because you told me she has no one, I called and she picked up, she agreed to come"

"She did?" I say confused.

"Yeah, i wish I knew about Joanna..she was a good friend to me and I'm sure she'll want me looking out for Ash and Cam because I know she'd do the same for you guys"

"Ash doesn't live here anymore Ma" I tell her.

"I know but doesn't mean we can't invite Cam"

"She'll be over in half an hour"

A half hour...

"You better change bro, you look like shit" Brad holds in his laugh.

I've just been for a run and came here instead of going back to my apartment. I sniff my shirt and look at Brad, "Can I borrow you clothes"

"Nope" he smiles.

"Fuck you" I stick up my middle finger knowing full well he will give me his clothes otherwise Ma would make him.

I dart upstairs to my childhood room and into the bathroom, I have a quick shower. I debate on weather to shave my stubble or leave it, I leave it because she might know..know what? Am I trying to impress her? I spray aftershave and go into Brads room with a towel wrapped around my waist, it's funny that Brad never moved out and he's twenty-eight.

I pick out light blue jeans with a navy plain t-shit, I pull back on my running trainers and run downstairs.

"I said no" Brad looks me up and down.

"And I said fuck you"

He laughs lowly and shakes his head, "Should I brush my teeth again?" I say beginning to panic.

"Calm down" Brad scoffs and George snorts spitting out his coffee and back into the mug.

"What?" I scowl at the both of them for making fun of me.

"Haven't seen you like this before" George smirks.

I tut and run back upstairs to brush my teeth, I hear the doorbell as I gargle the mouthwash and spitting into the sink. I run back downstairs seeing my mother moving to the side, Camila's walks in, her long brown hair has loose curls in it, her makeup light as she wears light blue ripped jeans at the knees, she's wearing a denim coat with a white t-shirt and perfectly all white vans.

She glance up noticing me half way in the stairs, I walk down the rest of the steps and smile, "Hey"

"Hi"