Chapter 41

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"Thank you, you saved my life" Frankie says laying in the hospital bed.

"No man, we saved each other" I pat his shoulder.

"Does your family know you're okay yet?" His arm in a cast as he pulls himself up to sit up straight using his other arm. His face is pretty beaten up like mine.

"No I told them not to say anything, I want to see Camila first, maybe surprise her with flowers or something" I smile at the vision of her face lighting up.

I know everyone must be worried sick but I just need to see Cam first, she's the only one that kept me going this whole time.

"Is your wife on her way?" I ask.

"Yeah and my kids" his chin trembles, "I missed them so fucking much"

"At least they are on their way and thank god we're okay"

"Uhm..Leo and Zack, d-do you think their family knows"

The vision of Leo dropping to the floor beside me as blood splats cover my face, I shake my head getting rid of the terror, "Yeah" I nod.

Leo was so young and he died saving us, I wish I could've thanked him. He was so humble and he loved life, when he first started he told me he was terrified of dying but I told him he isn't going anywhere as long as I'm by his side...and now I feel like I let him down. Zack was my age and that could've been me if Rox didn't pull me out first, I'm grateful she did but I wish they survived with us.

"Right, will you be okay here?"

"Yeah man, go see your girl" He fists pumps be with the cast arm slowly.

"Okay, call me if you need anything" I tell him before leaving his room.

I head to get her flowers before going to the apartment, I hope she's at home and not at Ma's. I don't think I'm ready to see anyone else yet especially Brad and George, they will ask question which I don't want to answer. I just want to see Cam and hold her in my arms, I've been waiting eleven months. Eleven.

I got the bunch of sunflowers and they are sitting in the passenger seat, I run up the stairs ignoring the ache in my leg, I didn't want to waste time waiting on the elevator. I unlock the door and the apartment is silent. I glance into the living room and then the kitchen not seeing her, I go to the bathroom and close the sink cabinet that is wide open. The floor is a bit wet and so is the bathtub, she must've just had a bath I hope she's still here.

I look up into the mirror looking at my reflection, I have a scar on my left eyebrow which now I have a line of hair missing because of the scar. My left eye has a huge light green bruising with a little swelling underneath the skin, the bruise reaches my eyebrow where the scar is and finishes at the cheekbone, I'm happy it is fading. My right cheekbone has six stitches with a bruise which will definitely leave a scar. My lip is bruised purple with a cut on my bottom lip, I look like shit but I'm just glad I made it out alive.