Chapter 49

~ The Butterfly Effect ~

Ace's POV

"What do you want to talk about?" George asks sitting on the same couch as me, one seat apart.

"Can I talk to you about...what happened?"

"While you were away or what happened between Cam and Brad"

I clench my jaw, "while I was away" I clarify.

"Okay" he nods and pulls out his phone beginning to tap away before placing it down on the oak coffee table and peering at me ready for me to start.

"It just sucks..you know, I seen Leo die in front of my eyes and Zack died only meters away from me and I don't know how to deal with that shit"

He listens carefully but I know he doesn't have a clue that to say. "Then I come home to all this shit.." I sigh with my hands in the air.

He doesn't say anything just looks at me with concern, "Never mind this was stupid!" I stand up ready to leave and never talk to him about this shit again.

"No! Sit down and talk" he commands.

I sit down with a huff running my hands through my hair that now needs cut, "Tell me about it, what happened out there?"

I stare down at the coffee table as I think deeply, "We were..heading to another base, I thought everything would be fine as I looked down at the picture Cam had given me..I still carry it around everywhere I go and I can't seem to let it go..." I clear my throat as I feel a thumb form of remembrance, "Anyway, I heard Leo shout RPG and the next thing I know is Rox is dragging me to safety..."

"Run run run!" Frankie shouts as bullets fly near his feet as he holds Rox in his arms running to the grey building and bursting through the wooden doors.

A male with a black beard tries grabbing Frank by the shoulders trying to haul him back.

I run into him with a jump flying my knee into the air, i hit his stomach with force and he fall back onto the hard wall cracking his head, blood now on the wall as he slides down.

"Oh shit!" Frankie says out of breath.

I slam the door shut groaning in pain at my leg, I limp to the guy I killed and furiously search his pockets for anything, any sort of weapon i could use. I look towards the door he came from, this must be a block of apartments we're in. I go into his apartment gesturing Frankie to follow, I search his cabinets looking for anything to help our wounds. "Here!" I throw Frank a bottle of water that I found by the fridge in a case, he places Rox onto the empty coffee table he just swiped clean.

I gulp a bottle of water and head to Rox tipping the bottle into her mouth allow her to drink some water.

"We need to find a way out man, do we even know where we are?" Frankie goes to the sink of the attached living space and kitchen and splashing water over his face.

"No, I haven't got a clue we have nothing on us and people are desperate for us dead" I breath out frantically looking around the apartment for anything at all.

I hear footsteps snapping me from my daze, it's like I'm reliving it as I tell it. My eyes move to the source of the footsteps behind us and I see Brad looking at me, I have no idea how long he's been here but I can't do this.

"I can't believe you told him!" I anger telling George as I stand up.

"He's been through what you have Ace, he can help more than I can and I desperately want to help but..he knows what you've been through"