Chapter 50

Camila's POV

Camila's POV

"I don't understand why did you invited Aiden?" his large hand resting on my thigh as he drives my car on the way to our destination.

Heather said to invite friends and we will have a blast of a weekend, so I invited Julia, Aiden and Asher. I also invited Callum and he flew down the night before we set off. I haven't seen him in so long and I'm glad I finally got to meet Christian, he's so much more handsome in person and he's hilarious.

I invited Aiden because it would be rude to invite one friend and not the other and he needs time to himself, he is constantly with Kyle and never giving time to himself. Kyle is staying with his parents this weekend which I hope he'll be okay with, he hasn't been away from Aiden in so long.

"He's my friend Ace and it would be rude to invite all my friends except one" I place my hand on his that rests on my thigh.

I glance to the back seats seeing Callum in the middle sleeping against Christian's shoulder as he looks out the window, Asher at the opposite sleeping against the window practically drooling.

Heather said it was a surprise where we're going and she booked for all of us, we're following behind as Aiden follows behind us with Julia in his passenger. I'm hoping this weekend will be fun and not be full of arguments, I know it'll be Ace and Aiden or Julia and Asher. I don't know how long they'll get along for in the same place for three days.

Roxie is at Lillian's for the weekend, she's still recovering but us gradually getting back to her old self. Lillian actually seemed excited to look after Rox.

Ace sighs keeping his eyes on the road ahead, these past couple of days he has been different kind of like the old Ace but not fully. He has been more affectionate such as touching my thigh, giving me hugs and he's also been cuddling me through the night which feels like a relief. We still haven't had sex or anything remotely close but I don't really care, I love the little gestures and if he wants to wait longer, we can.

He hasn't told me what he spoke about with George all he said was it was good and he forgives Brad which I'm happy he did. I can tell the talk made a great impact. 

He twists his hands over lacing his fingers between mine and slowly running his thumb back and forth on my thumb.

"Did Heather say where we're going?"

"Nope, I have no clue where we're going" I look down at our hands and smile.

Ever since we babysat for George and Hannah I've been feeling..different, I don't know why...maybe it was just the idea of looking after a child, it made me think about the future and maybe one day I could be putting my own child to bed...but i can't.

"Hey..." Ace lifts our hands off my thigh and kisses my hand still holding firmly as our fingers are locked, "You okay?"

"I'll tell you later" I force a smile, I don't want to talk about this when people could possibly hear.