Chapter 57

Camila's POV

Camila's POV

After a long working day and only getting a minutes peace from my break I'm finally home and ready to snuggle into Ace, I can't believe I've been engaged for two weeks now it still feels surreal, Ace has continued his talks with Brad and George and it seems to really be helping him a lot.

Ace has been looking for a job all week but not luck, he wants something he's good at and not something endless. It's beginning to stress him out because of money but I tell him not to worry.

We visited Leo's mother last weekend, she was lovely and so polite. She showed us family pictures of when Leo was a baby and told us stories. She smiled sadly at the picture she showed us and my heart ached for her. You could tell she's a brave, strong woman and is working through her sons death gradually. We talked and talked for hours with her and then we helped her cook dinner which she asked us to stay for and then we ate the pie I brought and she loved it asking for a recipe.

We also visited Zack's sister Sophie and her son, Jacob, they're both very sweet. Jacob didn't talk much but I could tell he wasn't comfortable with us yet because we are complete strangers to him but he loved his game we bought and apparently he hasn't stopped playing it since. You could see how heartbroken Sophie is by her brothers death, it was horrible to see but she really appreciated the visit and thanked Ace for protecting him over the years.

I know Ace found it hard seeing Leo's mother and Zack's sister, I tried my best to be there for him and I am still trying my hardest and I think he's getting better each day.

Rox limps over to me in her cast when I walk through the door and close it behind me, she sits down looking up towards me and I kneel down petting her head, I can't wait until she's running around wild and back to her old self.

I head down the hall to the bedroom and open the ajar door, I drop my bag to the side of the door and my eyes dart to Ace sitting in front of the opened wardrobe on the floor holding a piece as he leans his back against the bed, my eyes move down to a box..the box of letters from him to me, the notepad sitting beside the box with other pieces of paper scattered around it, I know he's read every single one.

He glances up to me with his eyes glossy and bloodshot, tears ready to fall, "I uhm..read this letter that was written for me.." he looks back down at it in his hands as his chin quivers trying to hold back any further tears.

"That was for your funeral..but I'd didn't read it because it would upset you mum more and I didn't want that"

"Dear Ace, Ace Chambers, my Ace...you were my best friend and also my boyfriend..." he begins to read it out loud with a shaky voice, "You were the brightest star I knew, you smiled and laughed all day long, you also made me smile and laugh all day even though sometimes you drove me insane. You showed me how to live and love again when I was in a dark place, you showed me real fun that I lacked so much. There wasn't anything you couldn't do, you were so talented, charismatic, funny and incredible caring for those around you. You had the biggest heart weather you'd like to admit it or not. You loved me at my best and my worse and I'll never be able to thank you for that. You are the only man I have ever fell in love with and it will only be you. You were taking away from me before I could call you my husband or the father of my children. I've cried and cried wondering how I'll manage to survive this aching hole in my heart which can only be fixed by you..my flower. I hate that you were taken away for me too soon and I'm mad at you...mad that I can't see your beautiful smile anymore..mad that I won't be able to feel your touch and mad because I won't be able love again because you were it for me and I miss you greatly. You were suppose to come back to me..come back and live an amazing life with me but I guess god has other plans and needed an amazing soul to protect the ones in heaven which i know I'll be seeing you very soon because without you...there is nothing. Rest easy my love and I love you"