Chapter 68

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

I rub the back of her hand gently, "Cam..can you hear me?" I stare at her waiting for her to open her eyes or move her fingers..anything at all.

"If you can hear me...please come back to me, I can't do this alone"

The heartbeat monitor starts beeping faster and my eyes flick to it, the lines rapidly moving up and down as the beeps become faster and faster, I stand up in a panic ready to get someone but before I could doctors and nurses comes through the door, I watch as they swarm around her blocking my view, I feel someone gently touch me arms escorting me out the room.

"Wait, what's going on!?" I raise my voice and the door is closed in my face, I no longer her the rapid beeping.

What the fuck?

I've been pacing this hall for ten minutes now and not one person has come out that room. What happened? I don't understand, she was wakening up. I'm sure her pinky moved..I'm sure of it. I sit down on the row of chairs up against the wall stopping the pacing or I'll drive myself crazy.

I lean my elbows on my knees rocking back and forth as I tug on the roots of my hair in frustration.

Please..please..please let her be okay.

I hear the door click open and my head pings up, doctors and nurses coming out one by one, I stand up as a doctor approaches me with a pursed smile. "You can go back in" he says patting my shoulder before walking away.

What...he didn't tell me what happened.

I walk slowly in and my eyes snap to her...sitting up on the bed looking my way with her tears now brewing.

"Hi flower" her voice strained. She smiles tilting her head to the side as a tears escapes. I walk over sitting back onto the chair and grabbing her hand, her other hand rests of my hand. I burst into tears with an uneven breath unable to keep my emotion in at the thrill of her being awake..finally.

I rest my hand on our locked hands as she moves the hand that was resting on our hands and brings them to my hair stroking, she leans forward pressing her lips onto the back of my head. "I heard you" she croakily whispers out.

"You did?" I lift my head up, sniffling.

"Every word" she reaches up wiping my tears away.

"I thought you left me.."

"Never, you're stuck with me"

"Thank god!" I sit up on the bed pulling her into my embrace, I soon hear her small cries which makes me start again.

"We had a girl huh?" She says after a few minutes when we stop crying.

"Yeah" I pull away and wipe her tears with both of my thumbs as I hold the sides of her face, "She's beautiful and looks just like you" I lean my forehead on hers.