Chapter 46

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

I stare out the window watching the sunrise, it's a beautiful bright reddish-yellow. I can't seem to sleep longer than five hours but I wish I could to blank out my thought but each time I sleep i dream of two things, what happened out there and Cam kissing Brad. I know I forgave her but doesn't mean it still isn't in my head, I got a call yesterday from Frankie asking for Cam and I to visit him and his wife for dinner. I said yeah and now I'm not sure why, I mean I do want to see Frank don't get me wrong but I don't know...my head is all over the place at the moment.

I sit up removing Cam's arm from around me and run my hands down my face over my now grown beard, I should shave because I look homeless. I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth before taking a piss. The bruising around my eyes is finally gone but on my cheekbone it's finally fading and the swelling is gone. I go back into the bedroom and change into my black joggers and a plain grey t-shirt, I pull socks on sitting on the end of the bed before pushing my feet into my running shoes. I've started running each morning to clear my head and keep my body fit from not being in the army no more. I'm usual back before she wakens up.

Some days I wish I was back in there sitting with the boys as we goofed around play fighting but then I look at Cam and then I don't wish that at all, but it seemed to be so simple in there with the boys. I didn't have a care for dying until she came back into my life and until I seen Leo die right in front of my eyes.

"Ace?" She softly speaks and snakes her arms around me as she lays her head on my back.

"Yeah?"

"Where you going?" Her voice husky from sleep.

"For a run, I'll be back soon" I unwrap her arms from around my waist and stand up.

"Oh, okay" she sits on her knees looking up at me.

I lean forward holding the side of her face and kiss her forehead, she coyly smiles and watches me leave the room.

I jog around the block still feeling the shooting pain in my left leg as I apply loads of pressure, I have two wounds that have been healing magnificently. One on my thigh and one on my shin which hurt way worse than my thigh, when I was out there we couldn't seem to get it out even with Frankie's help but he managed to get the bullet from my thigh which didn't hurt near as much, I think my body was still in shock but we had to get them out and cover up the wound before it got infected.

I keep my breathing steady as I jog down the street trying to focus on the jog instead of my trauma, I can feel the sweat dripping and I don't think it's from my run.

"Fuck!" a bullet hits my thigh as we try running for cover, I limp feeling my leg weak until Frankie wraps my arm around his neck helping me as I try blocking out the aching pain in my leg, the other bullet hits my shin and I lose all feeling in my leg as Frank pulls me behind cover safely.