Chapter 17

Camila's POV

I open my eyes and stretch out like a starfish with a yawn, I sigh and stare up at the ceiling wiping the sleep from my eyes.

The weekend was the most fun I've had in what felt like a lifetime, I felt free and it felt great about myself. I wasn't thinking about my mother and feeling upset and lonely, I was having fun..real fun.

That kiss with Ace was just a reminder of how I actually felt and yesterday I realised if i really wanted us to work we should take it slow and start over. I don't want to rush things and jump into his bed like I would have in my teenage years, I know when we went skydiving I had the adrenaline rush which felt amazing and I wanted to use all that energy I had, I'm glad he stopped it and i'm glad but modified that Brad once again caught us.

This time is for real.

A light knock sounds my door and I sit up, "Come in" i voice.

Brad peeps his head through the ajar door, "I was just seeing if you're okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I question.

"Because it's one..in the afternoon"

"What!?" I reach for my phone looking at the time, I have a few messages but I'll reply later.

"Ace said to let you sleep"

"Where is he?"

"Home"

I get out of bed and make it quickly before walking to the door and heading downstairs with Brad, "I'm suppose to be picking Ash up at four"

"I can pick him up for you" he shrugs.

"No, it's fine"

"Alright" he nods pouting his lips and leaning on the counter staring at me.

"What?" I raise my brows at him.

"Nothing.." he smirks and I narrow my eyes, "You hungry?" He asks.

"Hmm, a little"

"Good, I'll have a sandwich too"

I roll my eyes and walk to the refrigerator, "Mischievous"

I turn with the butter and meat in my hand placing them onto the counter before heading to the breadbox and taking the bread out, I begin making his sandwich and glance up to him. His eyes still on me as he sucks in his bottom lip.

"What?" I sigh placing my hands onto the counter with the knife in between my thumb and finger.

"Nothing" he says again with a smirk, his eyes trailing down the top half of my body, since that's all he can see because of the counter.

He clears his throat and stands up straight with a frown, "you know what I actually need to be somewhere but you eat that" he points to the sandwich I'm making.

"This was for you"

"Now it's not and Cam..." i lock eyes with him, "Have a good day" he turns a heel walking out the kitchen, I'm surprised he didn't say anything inappropriate like he normally would have.

I eat the sandwich quickly with a cup of coffee. Lillian is sitting in the living room watching a show on Netflix, I spoke to her for a while before I got ready to pick Ash up at the airport.

I arrive in good time, ten minutes later Ash comes walking out with just a backpack and duffel back. He smiles at me through the windshield before throwing his bags into the trunk and climbing into the passenger seat.

"How was the flight?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Boring, I'm kind of tired though but I'm going to Ace's soon"