Chapter 34

Camila's POV

The hot sun is hitting my body as I lay on the lounger with my eyes closed and my shades on, this heat feels amazing and I'll finally get my bronze tan back if I don't burn like a tomato, I used something to help so I hope I won't burn, the lotion says it works wonders but we'll soon see.

I hear a sigh to my right and move my head towards the source, Julia is leaning back on her elbows looking towards the pool ahead of us.

She still has crimson hair but shorter, just above her shoulders. She loves it and I don't think she'll ever get rid of it, I couldn't picture her any different. Her skin already nicely tanned as her slim figure lays back. She's put on weight throughout the years but still looks unbelievably gorgeous. I look like shit compared to her. I feel like I'm slowly gaining weight like I once was before but I know it'll take time to get back to the size I was in college, I loved my thick thighs and little tummy. Now I feel like I'm all skin and bones and I don't feel confident with my body like I was before.

She tilts her head leaning it against her shoulder as she focuses on whatever the hell she's looking at, I follow her eyes realising she's staring directly at Asher while he plays with Henry in the pool, she is gushing over him and it's obvious. I don't know why they don't just get back together.

He glances at her and she looks away fast towards me, I smirk at her like I have no clue.

"I had a date a few nights before I came here" she says out of the blue.

"Oh yeah? How did it go?" I sit up leaning back against the lounger.

This heat is marvellous but I'm sweating balls, I think this is the hottest it's been so far this summer.

"Meh..." she shrug lifting the side of her top lip up like Elvis, "It was good until I found out he has a daughter, she's only one"

"What's wrong with that?"

She pulls her sunglasses down that were resting on top of her head, "I don't want to be with someone that already has kids, I know it's stupid but I don't want to be a stepmom and what if his ex hates it or they still have deep feelings for each other, it's only been a year, I don't want to ruin a potential family"

"I get that" I do, I'd hate to be called a home wrecking by the child or hate that I'd be stopping a family from being together.

"I feel like I'm constantly going on dates and it's going no where, maybe I should just stop and let them come to me"

"That's because you always find something wrong with them"

"I do not!" She say shocked.

"He takes mirror selfies isn't a valid reason nor is that he doesn't like chocolate"

"Who doesn't like chocolate!?" She defends, "I don't care what you say, that is a valid reason"

I roll my eyes, "Maybe you find all these things wrong with them because you only have eyes for one guy"

"Who?" She challenges thinking I don't know.

"Him" I point to Asher as he catches Henry as he jumps off the side of the pool.

She scoffs, "Yeah okay!" Sarcasm laced through her words.

"Hide it a little better"

She sighs inhaling a deep breath not saying a word as she looks back towards him, "Why don't you both just talk and maybe go on a date" I suggest.

"No, it's different now"

"Yeah but maybe a good different"

"I don't think so, the last time we seen each other I ran out because I was terrified"