Chapter 38

Camila's POV

Camila's POV

I'm currently laying on Lillian's couch as she sits on the couch where Ace and his dad use to sit everyday after school, she has a blanket wrapped around her as she stares blankly at the television, I've been spending time with her, we've not been doing are usual baking and laughing. It's been more laying on the couches for five days as we binge a tv show called pretty little lairs, I've been paying attention just to keep my mind of Ace, I wish it was easy but it seems to be getting harder the longer he's gone. The aching pain in my chest is never going away.

Lillian doesn't seem to be paying any attention to the show, I can tell her mind is a million miles away, she's been taking pills again to help her sleep because if not she cries in bed begging god not to take her son too. We've barely had a conversation just a lot of one answer questions and most of the time it's to Brad, Ash and Julia. Julia is going home tomorrow she apologised telling me she has to get back to work but I understand.

I should be at work too but Mrs Teller understands why I don't feel like coming in. My entire body is weak and I feel extremely tired all the time, I can't eat and it takes me forever to sleep. I still have hope that he'll come back to me, to us. If he doesn't...I think I may die, I can't lose my mother and the man I love a year apart from one and other. Asher has taken more time off work, he explained to them and they also understood. I wish he'd go back though, as bad as it sounds I don't want him here, he keeps asking if I'm okay and I just want to be left alone.

Hannah and George have been in and out with groceries all week checking up on Lillian and I as Ash and Brad practically babysit us. I've spoken to Hannah she said George is taking it hard but is remaining strong for his kids, Brad and Lillian. She hasn't said weather they're back together, I think she doesn't want to talk about it incase it pulls a string of mine but I'd happily talk about anything to keep my mind off Ace and breaking down again.

I look towards Lillian, her pale face and gloomy eyes stare lifelessly at the television, her feet curled beside her as she rests her head back against the couch. I hate seeing her like this, I hate feeling like this. He needs to come home, I need him back. We all do.

I look back at the tv, I can't look at her anymore it's too heartbreaking. My emotions are ready to pour out but I won't allow them in front of her, I don't want add on to her problems. My tongue presses against the roof of my mouth as I hold back my tears as I think of him.

When we were at the lake house, in the hot tub laughing about who can hold their breath longer, Ace swore he could hold it longer and he kept beating me until I realised he was cheating and not going under the water until I came up. It was hilarious as we spent the entire night laughing. When I would wake up to the beautiful lake view as he holds my naked body flushed to his, I'd do anything to go back in time to be at that level of happiness again. Even if I knew it was the last time. I'd do anything to get him back sitting right next to me, even if he's in a foul mood or one of his happiest smiley moods, I'll take him either way.