Chapter 11

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

I study her face unable to rip my eyes from her, my eyes begin to run down her body as I take it all in, even though her body is different from the last time I seen her five years ago it's still perfect in my eyes.

"What?" She looks at me in utter confusion.

"You're just..beautiful" I speak my mind.

"Shut up" she rolls her eyes in disbelief.

We're friends..

I keep reminding myself that we're only friends but deep down we haven't been friends since she kissed me that day five years ago. She wants to be friends and I secretly don't but I'll do anything she wants me to do, it's like I'm under her spell and I think I always will be..I think I'll alway feel this way. I guess I'll just need to keep those to myself, she doesn't feel that way anymore and I respect her wanting to have great things in life, I pray she does.

"Sorry.." I shake my head and look down, it's probably creeping her out that I'm staring at her.

I look up and she's staring at me with those big beautiful brown eyes, a smile no where in sight.

"Camila.." I stand in front of her, she doesn't say anything but I know she's waiting for me to continue.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?" She use to be so confident, smiling all the time, I want to bring her confidence back.

Her cheeks turn crimson as a smile takes over her face, she covers her face with her hand hiding her face away from me.

"There it is.." I whisper as my own smile appears.

"Where what is?" She giggles.

"That smile" I reach up and take her hand away from her face, a smile still stuck on her face and her cheeks bright crimson.

Her smile begins to drop as she looks deep into my eyes, she glances down to our hands and pulls her hand out of mine. Our eyes no where else but each other's, only the distant sound of a marvel movie in the next room and our steady breathing. It's strange how normal this is, just being in comfortable silence.

My hand reaches up subconsciously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, I rest my hand on the side of her face. She inhales a deep breath closing her eyes and leaning into my hand more. I swipe my thumb across her cheekbone and take a step slowly closer, now only a few inches apart.

Her brown sparkling eyes come on show again as her eyelashes flicker, it's like I'm watching her in slow motion and it's making my heart race. I step a little closer now and her eyes follow with a gulp.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I can't bring my body to stop, it's like I'm not in control. Just as I'm about to lean forward..

The microwave loudly beeps and she blinks harshly and turns around opening it, I step back realising her back is pushed up to my front.

She pulls out the bag of popcorn and grabs a big pink bowl pouring the full bag into it.

"Cam..." my croaky voice says.

"Yeah?" She glances at me.

"Doesn't matter" I chicken out.

She turn and looks at me with the bowl in her hands, "Just say it" she coaxes me.

"Wanna hang out..tomorrow?"

"Uhm..I have work but after sure" she nods.

I sigh in relief, "Thanks"

Thanks...

What the fuck is wrong with me?

She giggles and shakes her head, she takes the water bottle off the counter and makes her way to the living room.

I can cope with just being friends with her but I'll just have too.

We finish the movie and I decide to head home, Camila has already headed up to bed for work and Henry fell asleep on the couch with Rox, as George is strapping Henry in to the child seat I say my byes and leave. I strip as soon as I get in and crawl into bed.

A text message comes through on my phone and I pick it up off the bedside table as Rox begins to snore beside me.

Lydia: I heard you were back home, why haven't you come to see me?

I ignore and places the phone back down with a sigh, I roll over and close my eyes hoping for a peaceful sleep with no weird dreams but I do and it's always about her.

I open my eyes seeing Rox laying beside me with her head on her crossed paws, she looks at me and sits up when she sees me awake.

"Good morning" I scratch under her ear.

I eventually get up and put food into her bowl, I eat a bowl of cereal before sitting down on the couch waiting for the day to pass by, waiting for my day alone with Cam.

I play some Xbox for a few hours to pass time, I quickly text Cam asking her what time she finishes work because I could just pick her up, she texts back an hour after saying four.

Where are we suppose to hang out? If it's a restaurant then its a date..is it? I don't want her thinking it's a date. What did we do before anything happened between us? We could just eat pizza and play Xbox but would it be weird taking her to my apartment or am I overthinking this?

I have a quick shower and brush my teeth, I pull on an ashy green t-shirt and black jeans. I tie black and white vans onto my feet and pick up my keys, "Stay" I tell Rox and she sits down tilting her head at me. "I'll be back" I tell her and lock the door behind me.

I'm currently waiting outside Mrs Tellers flower store for Cam, it takes only around ten minutes before she comes out the store and walks towards my truck. She smiles at me through the windshield before climbing into the passenger seat.

"Hi" she says to me with a smile.

"Hey" I look her body up and down subconsciously, "How was work?" I ask.

"Good, this customer said he wanted me to arrange this red rose heart for his wife for her birthday and you could just tell how in love he is with her after years of marriage, it was beautiful." She enthuses.

"Yeah it is" if only she knew she has someone that would love her for years on end.

"So, where we going?"

I shrug, "We can play Xbox? We can go buy a new game if you want and try it out and we can order pizza" " I suggest.

"Yeah but I need to keep money for Christmas presents though"

"It's fine, I'll get it" I shrug and reverse out the parking spot and head to the nearest game store.

_________________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕