Chapter 12

Camila's POV

We step through his door, the small hall is plain white with brown laminated flooring. Only a coat rack, keys rack and shoe rack sit near the door.

"It's not much because I'm rarely here" he nervously says and scratches his arm.

"How come?"

"I'm on tour a lot" he tells me and locks the door behind him.

"Oh yeah" I screw my face up, I keep forgetting he's in the army now. I remember five years ago he was ready to go but he was left behind and now he's finally there.

"I'll order the pizza, the Xbox is in the living room just make yourself..at home" he licks his lower lip and heads in the other direction.

I head towards the archway where a three seated grey couch is sat in the middle pointing towards a 43" television sitting on a unit, the unit is grey and white with glass doors to cubbyholes, you can see the Xbox sitting on one of the shelves with the controller charging beside the Xbox. The opposite side of the Xbox were games stacked neatly.

The place is immaculate and well set out, it's so unlike him but I guessed he's changed. There is hardly any furniture but it's nice. The walls are plain white again with just one grey wall which is behind the tv and the floor was again, brown laminated flooring.

I sit on the couch and place the new games beside me, we had a long discussion in the game store on what we should get. We decided to get a game called 'A Way Out', it's about two guys escaping prison and blah blah blah. It better be good.

I hear loud nails click against the hard laminated floor, I turn looking over the back of the couch seeing Rox walking my way. I swear I can see her smiling at me as she places her head onto my lap. I pet her head and give it a little peck.

"Hi!" My baby voice comes out.

I know Ace said to make myself at home but it isn't my home and I can't just turn on the Xbox and tv like it is. I would have years ago with the confidence I had but now I feel like I do everything wrong and would break something.

"Pizza is ordered" Ace comes in swiping the game off the couch and walking towards the tv, he opens the glass doors to the unit and turns on the Xbox along with the tv. He takes one of the controllers off charge and picks up another one behind it. He puts the game in and it begins to install, he sits down at the opposite armrest leaving a space in between us, he places the controls between us along with his phone. Rox walks over to him placing her head on his legs.

"Hello Roxpox!" He scratches underneath her ear, she eventually lays down beside his feet and he turns his attention to me.

"How's Mrs Teller?" He asks, probably sparking conversation. Maybe this was a bad idea, I don't know how to act around him anymore, it's like it's been too long and pretending to be friends is just weird.

Is it? I don't know, I'm confused.

"She's good, she has another grandchild on the way"

"That's good, what's her children's names again?"

"Tyler and Rachel, Tyler and his wife have Harper and Rachel is pregnant" I tell him.

"Oh god" he raises his brows in fear with a chuckle.

"What?" I say confused.

"I'm surprised Rachel can even get a baby daddy" he smirks playfully.

"That's mean" I smirk back before I laugh and bite on my lip to stop.

"So, this game better be good if not I'm blaming you"

"Ha-ha, if not we can play something else" I shrug.