Chapter 36

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"You're always looking at that thing" Zack says smacking the back of my head as he walks by my bunk.

"Leave him alone, he's in loveeee" Frankie teases like he's a high school girl.

"Shut up" I scoff continuing to look at the small pictures Cam gave me, two week and I'll finally be back home with her in my arm. In my whole five years of being here, in the army I've never been excited to go home.

"That water is freezing" Leo walks in shivering with a towel around his lower waist. The birthmark on his lower stomach on show.

"Run outside naked that'll warm you up, it's hot outside" Franks jests.

"No, he doesn't want people to see his tiny soldier" I join in placing the photo on my chest as I look toward Leo, him not liking the joke so much. We on the other hand love it.

Frankie and Zack laugh, "Maybe that's why you don't have a girl" Frankie keeps the joke going and holds up his pinkie finger.

"Ha-ha! I can get girls"

"Your momma don't count!" Zack laughs and fist pumps Frankie.

"Fuck you all, what happened to Chambers being in love with Rox"

"He has a girl now and you don't so..." Zack smirks and sits down on the chair.

"You don't have a girl either.." Leo mocks Zack's laugh.

"No but I get girls, plural"

"Whatever man, you still look like shit with your ugly shaved head looking like the top of a cock" Frankie laughs and I pick up my phone with a chuckle, as soon as I hit Camila's name i ignore their conversation and jokes.

Zack and Leo now wrestling, Zack winning of course.

"Hi!"

"Hey baby, I thought I'd call before we move base"

"Okay, how is everything?" I hear her moving around on the other end of the call.

"Good, how is everything at home with George and Hannah?" I've spoken to George a few times but he acts like he's totally fine like he's trying to be strong for me in some type of way.

"Awkward sort of, I've been hanging out with her a lot and the kids she's still hurt obviously but they're working through it, it's just strange seeing them go from lovey dovey to a couple that's in the weird shy stage but he's been hanging out with Brad a lot, drinking and whatnot trying to give Hannah space like she asked but he is trying though with buying her flowers every Friday so far, it's expensive ones too"

"Hopefully they can work through it, how has brad been? A pain in the ass?"

She laughs, "Yeah same old jokes but I put him in his place" of course she does.