Chapter 42

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"I can believe you are back" he says as his voice cracks, I continue to ball my eyes out silently into his shoulder.

After walking in on Camila half dead laying over the bed, seeing Leo die in front of my eyes and Zack just a few meters away from me I thought I would lose her too, I thought maybe she wouldn't open her eyes and she'd die in my arms. I can feel my heart stop at the thought of her dying in my arms, it may be my worst possible fear.

I can imagine her body turning stone cold blue as she lays in my arms with no pulse, I couldn't bare it I just couldn't.

"I'm here man" he says.

"I thought I would never see you guys again and I fought so fucking hard and I manage...I fucking managed to come back" I kept saying to myself that I needed to get back for Cam because I couldn't bare not seeing her again but I always had a doubt especially when the bullet hit my leg, I thought I was a goner.

"Thanks" I croak out and pull out the hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No, but I do need to talk to you about something"

"Okay" he nods.

We sit down on the couch in the living room, he looks at me patiently waiting, "It's about Cam..." I try think of the best way to tell him what Cam just did to herself because I won't keep it from him.

"What about her?"

"When I came back to the apartment to see her first..." I stall and scrunch up my face as the image of her laying lifeless on the bed pops into my head, "S-She did it again"

"Did what again?" He sits up wondering what the fuck I am talking about.

"Hurt herself...I seen her on the bed and she was pale, she took some of my pills and I-I..." My eyes begin to fill up with tears again.

"She did it again! I was playing Xbox with Brad while she was trying to fucking kill herself! Is she fucking stupid!? Does she really want to fucking leave me that bad? she's the only one I have left, why would she do that!?" He stands up pacing, I haven't seen him like this in six years.

"Why does everyone keep leaving me! If you weren't here I'd only have my grandparent left but they're in Florida"

"But you do have me man, but she isn't going anywhere okay. She's fine now. She did it because she thought I was dead and wanted to see your mum and me again"

He sits back down running his hands through his hair in frustration, "You should go to your mums, she isn't doing good. I'll wait until Cam wakes up because I need to talk to her and thank you..for saving her life"

"No thanks needed. I was going to go tomorrow but yeah I'll go" I stand up and pat his shoulder, "I'm always here too" I tell him before pulling my hoodie on and tying up my laces to my Nikes.