Chapter 66

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"Can I get another one?" I ask Bill behind the bar, he nods and tips the whiskey into my empty class.

"Do you have a wife Bill?" I ask, my words slurred.

"Yeah" he says, "Do you?"

"Yeah..but who knows how long she'll be around for"

"She cheating?"

"No...I almost killed her in a car crash, while she was pregnant with our daughter"

"Almost?"

"She hasn't woken up and it's been two months.." I down the whiskey in my glass, my throat now numb from the amount I've consumed.

"That's got to be tough" he says and I tap the counter, he pours more into the glass and stares at me.

"You know what's funny..."

"What?" He says skeptical.

"I haven't even met my daughter yet...because I know if I see her she'll remind me of my wife and I can't take it and it scares me..to do it on my own. It's fine though my Ma and Hannah have seen her, they said she's gorgeous.." I feel my throat close up, I clear the bubble that has formed in my throat before drinking the glass of whiskey again in one gulp.

My cast is now off, I would've ripped that thing off eventually because it's so itchy and sweaty. I've been seeing Cam everyday, talking to her hoping she can hear me but no luck yet. I don't know how long I can do this for, i just need her back already.

"Ace, what the fuck!?" I hear Brad, he came back a week after the accident and has been on my case ever since, "I've been looking for you everywhere"

"You found me, do you want a medal?"

"Yeah actually I would, I have to put up with your shit. Why are y0u drinking again...this isn't going to help Camila" He sits on the stool beside me at the bar.

"Nothing can help her at the moment..not even me apparently"

He moves my freshly poured glass out of my way, "It wasn't you Ace, stop blaming yourself!"

"Oh yeah then who's fault was it! I was in the driver seat for fuck sake!"

"The light was green!" He barks back.

"And how the fuck would you know?"  He wasn't there.

He scowls at me losing his patience, "It was being investigated Ace, maybe if you weren't drinking daily you would actually be able to listen to what we tell you"