Chapter 21

Ace's POV

"Your real smile" I voice and her eyes snap towards me, she looks back down towards the picture running her thumb gently over the carving.

I walk over and sit down beside her watching her admire the picture and frame closely taking in every detail.

"You should smile more, have you ever heard the saying 'use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile' you should definitely keep that smile" I tap the frame, "it suits you and it's the best..most..beautiful smile I've ever seen" My throat closes in making my eyes water and voice crack.

I lean forward kissing the side of her head before standing up and heading to the door to give her some space.

"Ace!?" Her voice shaky.

I turn around with my hands shoved into my pockets, "Thank you..for the flowers..." she looks down to the picture, "And this" she shoots me a shy smile, thankful and happiness behind it.

I smile looking at the floor, "Anything for you" I whisper and close the door behind me. I head downstairs to the living room taking my time as my thoughts are focused on her smile.

"Did you tell her dinner is almost ready?"

"Yeah" I scoff a lie and pick up my cold beer, I totally forgot to tell her. When I seen her smiling down at the picture all my thoughts just disappeared and all of a sudden I was watching her on a spotlight.

"Well...is she coming down?" Brad confusingly says.

"She just needs a minute" I shrug.

"What kinda a minute?" He smirks.

"Shut up" I smack him over the back of the head and turn to make my way to the chatter in the dining room.

George, Asher, Henry all sitting around the table talking about building the swings in the backyard when the snow is cleared.

It started snowing again when Camila went upstairs and it hasn't stopped since. She's like a Christmas miracle. It hasn't snowed for a good few Christmas's and she shows up and the snow comes and never stops.

"Boys help take the food through" Hannah says carrying a bowl of veg.

We all help take all the food to the dining table and when we're all seated Camila finally comes down and takes the empty seat beside me, I feel the excitement erupt in my body as she takes the seat beside me. I know it's the only empty seat but it's a nice feeling.

The conversation bounces back and forth during the whole meal, it was delicious, Ma and Hannah did a really good job. Camila's leg brushed my bare one a couple of time and I desperately wanted to rest my hand on her thigh and squeeze it like I use to but yet again I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and I still don't know where we stand on the whole showing affection to one and other.

George helps the women take the dishes to the kitchen while Brad and I play with Henry, this Christmas has flown by and is almost over. Ma wants to watch Elf all together as a family before we all shoot off to bed. I want to ask Camila to hang out more after but I'm scared of the rejection but I won't know unless I try.

Ash and I make popcorn as everyone gets comfortable in the living room, "You should come to New York next time you're free"