Chapter 32

Camila's POV

"Hey" I sit down on the bench beside Aiden, as we watch Kyle go across the monkey bars.

"Hey" he smiles and pulls me in for a friendly hug.

"Hi Kyle!" I shout and his head whips my way, he waves with a gigantic smile plastered on his face.

It's crazy how big he is now, big number thirteen. He's out of his shell with me now and he's crazy funny. I'm glad he trusts me enough to open up to me.

"How has he been?" I ask Aiden.

"Good he's just adjusting to the new change of being in different classes and we were at mum and dads for Christmas"

"What have they been saying?"

"Same old, they're both busy working and see Kyle whenever they can but Christmas dinner was awkward, there was weird tension between my parents. Pretty sure soon they'll be calling it quits on their marriage"

"What do you think it is?"

He shrugs, "They're both workaholics so could be something with that but they barely said five words to each other but said loads to us, I don't care though...I'm just happy I've got Kyle because if he seen it all go down in front of him he would have a breakdown with it all like once before"

A puff of air leaves my nose as I stare at a happy Kyle running around the park, "Enough about me" he looks my way.

"How is work?"

"Work is good, Mrs Teller is adorable and more people are requesting my arrangements which is a good feeling"

"That'd good, have you had an email yet?"

"No.." I huff, "Even if I was to get accepted I don't have the cash to pay for it and I've already got so many debts and a new bill for school can't be one of them, I'll maybe get a second job and pay off everything so I can eventually afford it"

"Can't Ace help you out?"

"He's on tour and it's not like he's got money dropping out his ass, he doesn't make much at all..more than me but not exactly good for what he does"

"Well, I told you I would help"

"I don't want your help, I won't take Asher so what makes you think I'll take yours"

"But Asher does give you money"

I look down, "For hospital bills, we both said we'd split it"

"Where you staying?"

"I'm staying at Ace's apartment, he said to make myself at home" I chuckle before I stop and bite on my bottom lip, ripping at the skin nervously.

"Oh" he nods, "When did you last hear from him?"

"Last night, he tires contacting me each day but we've gotta suck it up for ten months" i thought it would be eight but turns out it could be eight to ten months and he keeps saying ten so I'm guessing it's ten.

"Camila!!?" Kyle runs over full of energy.

"Yeah?"

"Can you have dinner with us?" He sits down beside me.

I pout his way, "I can't, I promised Henry I would play and watch movies with him. Another time yeah?"

"Okay" he saddens.

I nudge his elbow lightly with my elbow and he look towards me, "Smile, Aiden said he'd buy you McDonalds" his face lights up.

"I did?" Aiden says confused.