» 22

Jaemins hand was held out as an offer, awaiting her response as she looked from his hand back up to him.

Normally she would never accept such an offer, but her body made the decision before she could even think.

Placing her hand in his much bigger one and watching as he let out a small smile and softly holding her hand as he led her away from the swings.

She was one step behind him and she was glad she was, mind finally catching up to the decisions she had subconsciously made and a blush spread across her cheeks.

Looking at her hand still in his as she followed shortly behind him.

His hand was soft, warm, while hers were becoming increasingly sweaty incredibly fast.

Clearing her voice, she slyly removes her hand from his, wiping the sweat down her pants before intertwining her own fingers together.

"So... where are you taking me?" She asks awkwardly, not willing to back out now as curiosity overcame that worried gut feeling she had always had.

"I want you to see something." He looked back at her smiling before he went around another corner.

It wasn't long until they reached their destination- stood out the front of a building.

"Why are we here?" She asked, disappointed as she looked at the one place she hated: her house.

She was always told it looked like something off of a Drama, so neat and tidy... perfect.

"Tell me, what do you see?" She looked up to the boy, confused as to why he would ask her such a silly question.

"My house."

"What do you really see?"

Hyuna shifts on her feet, looking back towards her home, looking over every window and tree that laid behind the tall stone fences.

"I guess a building." She began, watching as the Sunday sun reflected off of every feature the house had to offer.

"What else?"

Hyunas heart raced, aching as she thought about her family- broken behind the walls but seemingly flawless to the world.

She thought of her younger brother, the person she loved more than herself. She thought about the endless hours of homework and chores she had done to suffice her parents.

Shifting on her feet once again, "I see pain." She said quickly wiping away a tear that fell down her cheek so Jaemin couldn't see.

Her mind raced, confused as to why she just told the boy that. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that-"

"Why are you so obsessed with that assignment?" He voiced again, catching the girl off guard. Her eyes flicking between his two trying to figure out why he asked the question, why he brought her to her house.

"Because I want good grades?" She said, hiding the real reason behind a wall she knew all too well.

Jaemin turned to the girl, looking down at her as he watches intently. Her voice almost stern but her eyes held sadness.

He watched as her eyes flicked between his two- she was putting up a front and Jaemin knew when people were.

He knew there was more to the girl than just good grades, and he wanted to figure out what, that's why he took her to her house.

Wanting to see her reaction to a place that usually held comfort for people.

He wanted her to believe he didn't hear her say pain, but he did, and it intrigued him.

He knew exactly what he wanted to do. To break open the shell she had built around herself, one he also had built around him

But he needed time.