» 54

Myunghee only let out a hum in response, looking up vaguely before looking back down at her phone.

Hyuna felt nervous, her mind was overthinking and her she felt as if she would be sick, and she didn't know why.

Hyuna took a shaky breath in, wiping her palms against her skirt before looking back up to Myunghee.

"Jaemin asked me out," Hyuna spurted out, and it was as if Myunghee heard she had won the lottery. Her head whipped up and a huge ear to ear grin covered her face.

"Really?" She said, eye brow raised as if she was in doubt.

Hyuna only gulped, nodding her head slightly in confirmation.

"Oh my God, yes! Finally," Myunghee exclaimed, standing up abruptly with her fist clenched in victory.

This lead Hyuna to be severely confused, for about two months Myunghee had shown no interest in her, basically ditching her responsibilities as a friend and basically turning against Hyuna without realising.

Yet here she was, eyes glistening at the news Hyuna had just told her.

"Hyun, you had no idea how much it was killing me being that mean to you! I am so sorry pumpkin pie, I never meant it, oh my gosh I am so happy for you!"

Myunghee raced around the table, engulfing the girl into a tight hug. Tears had started to sting Hyunas eyes, emotions getting the best of her- she thought she had lost her best friend.

"W-what do you mean? Where you ignoring me on purpose?" Hyuna asked, voice staggering a little which made Myunghee pull away, eyes widened in shock.

Her hands automatically grabbing the girls face as her thumbs wiped away her tears.

"I'm so sorry Hyun, I really didn't want to, but I didn't know any other way," Myunghee said, pulling her into another quick hug.

"What do you mean?" Hyuna asked, watching as Myunghee moved back around the table and sat down

Her hands clasped together as she sighed. "You Know the list I made for you? Well non of it was working. I wanted you to experience the world, you're so young yet you spend every second studying, and I want you to know there is more to life than grades." Myunghee started, watching her best friend intently as she laid out her heart.

"You're my best friend and it hurt me to see how much your parents controlled your life and how much they affected your mentality... so, a few days before the chem assignment was handed out, I had an idea.

I kept on seeing Jaemin look at you, and then it clicked! What if I was to get Jaemin to show you the world. I knew you would never listen to me, trust me I tried, but I had hope in Jaemin- so I got the teacher to put you two together as assignment partners, and that was it."

"I had told Kyong the plan and he wanted to help. Us falling in love wasn't planned but it happened and we are both happy, and then that's when Kyong had an idea.

The idea sounded crazy, and I hated it at first. The idea was that I would distance myself as a friend, knowing that you and Jaemin would spend a lot of time together, you two would get close.

And eventually you would start to open up to him and he would show you what you were missing, maybe even start dating.

I hated the idea, I hated that I would have to distance myself and seeing you so sad every time I would reject you hurt so much. I would cry to Kyong constantly because I felt as if I was neglecting my sister." Myunghee had grabbed hold of one of Hyunas hands, squeezing it tightly as a tear fell down Hyunas face.

"I'm so sorry Hyun, I didn't mean to hurt you, but I am so beyond happy that Jaemin asked you out! How did he do it?" Myunghee asked, eyes filled with a mix of sorrow and happiness, the two contradicting each other immensely.

Hyuna couldn't say anything, her mouth was opening and closing as she tried to wrap her brain around what the girl had just told her.

"I-"

—————

Sooooo, should Hyuna forgive her?
Or should she not??