» 63

It was as if fate had been on their side as after another hour of heavy rain and winds, the storm had started to die down to a slight drizzle.

"Alas, our time is up," Hayoon said, peering behind the two to look out the window.

The three of them had been talking whilst waiting for the storm to dimmer, and despite Hyuna having that initial thought of her being a creepy old lady, she soon learnt she was wise beyond her days.

She definitely was the main character of her own story, having traveled the world and having helped third world countries, wearing her heart on her sleeve as she did so.

Hyuna aspired to be where she was, happy in life and not regretting anything she had done, spreading kindness and love to those around her.

She had learnt to love the quaint book store in the midst of the bustling city, and would make sure to visit once again.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay here away from the weather, your book shop is amazing," Jaemin said as he began to pack up the tea cups.

"It's okay darling. Here, take this umbrella as a parting gift, I don't want you to get wet again" Hayoon said, taking one of the umbrellas out of the stand next to the couch and standing up.

"Oh, no please ma'am, we can't take this. Here let us buy it," Hyuna said, standing up and shaking her hands in front of her to kindly reject her offer.

"Nonsense! Just take it, it's a token of my appreciation," she said, forcing the umbrella into the girls hands so she had no other choice but to take it.

"Thank you ma'am," Hyuna said with a bow.

"Ma'am, May I ask what you meant by token of appreciation? We didn't do anything." Jaemin asked, eye brows furrowed as he thought over her words.

"I was having doubts about the book shop, I was planning on closing it. But you two gave me hope, and I thank you for that." Hayoon said to the two with a gentle smile before leading them towards the door.

"I hope you two get home safely, so you better be quick before the wind picks up again. Go go, hurry up," She said in a rush, pushing the two closer to the door.

"Thank you again," the two said in unison, bowing simultaneously before Jaemin headed out the door first, opening up the umbrella Hyuna had given him and holding it above his head.

Hyuna walked out of the shop and under the umbrella- looking back and watching as the old lady huddle back towards the couches.

She smiled to herself contently as she felt Jaemins free arm wrap around her waist, bringing her closer to shield her from the cold.

The two walking off into the depths of the night, heading straight for Jeanine motorbike- but the closer they got, the more that familiar pit feeling sat in Hyunas stomach.

The one thing that was consuming her mind at the late hour of the night, was not the fact that they had school tomorrow, or that she had a test, but the one thing that scared her most.

Her parents awaiting their little girls arrival home.

—————

I finallly figured out the direction of this book and I am soooooo happy.

I loved writing this but I'm actually so prepared to start and finish writing my other books aswell ahah