» 82

Her voice cracked, heart feeling as if it'd beat out of her chest at any moment when as she looked her parents dead in the eyes.

Their silence was their answer, the answer she had wanted to hear for a long time, even though it didn't heal her pain.

She nodded her head, sniffling back her tears as she tried to regain her posture.

"I see. I'm sorry, but I will not be coming back to the house, and so won't be Tae," she tried to say as calmly as possible as she walked over and grabbed hold of Tae's trembling hand.

"But before I leave," she said, ton of voice becoming stern as she needed to get her message across.
"You will be giving Jaemins family their business back."

"Or what?" Insook said, not seeming threatened by her words.

"Or I'll tell the police about all the money you have stolen," she said with a smirk.

"And do you really think they'd believe a kid?" Her father said, looking down at the girl spitefully but also confident in his business doings.

Hyuna only chuckled, "you just clarified that you do steal money, and you have witnesses- plus this," she said holding up her phone and showing the recordings she's taken.

"Do you really think I'd not come into this house without it recording, you two are psychopaths and I don't trust you," she said feeling accomplished when she saw their faces drop.

"Hyuna, dear I'm so sorry-" Insook tried to speak but got cut off by Hyuna.

"No. No apologies. You will be giving Jaemins parents their business back, plus more because of how much you have hurt them, and Tae and I will not be coming home, that's final."

Insook mouth opened at her daughters demanding voice. Her mouth opened and closed as she wanted to say something but she didn't know what.

"I-"
"Leave it, there's no point in arguing." Hyunas dad said nonchalantly and Insook looked towards Chanmi.

"Chan-"
"I think it's best you two leave," she said not making eye contact with Insook.

She slammed her hands on the table, standing up abruptly and stomping her way over to Hyuna.
"You little-"

Jaemin placed an arm infront of Hyuna and pushed her and Tae behind him, separating then from fuming mother.

"Mrs Kang, you don't have to do this," he said calmly, deadpanning the woman who's anger was boiling out of her.

Insook only huffed, flailing her arms and whining out, "you're an ungrateful little girl, I wish I never-"

"Don't you finish that sentence Insook! Don't you even dare," Chanmi seethed at her, making Insooks head fling to look at her.

"I cannot believe you're taking her side Chanmi, we used to be friends, what happened?" She said acting offended.

"You, that's what happened. Now, I won't ask again, leave my house before I call the police."

"Common Insook, Let's go, we don't want to start any drama," Hyunas dad said grabbing Insooks wrist and leading her towards the door.
"Thank you for the tea."

That was his final words as he opened the door and dragged his enraged wife out of the door.

The house went silent after they left, the only sound coming from Tae who was crying into the fabric of Hyunas pants.

"I'm so sorry hunny," Chanmi said, placing an arm onto Hyunas shoulder and giving her a sympathetic smile.

"It's okay, this was bound to happen eventually, I'm just glad it's over. I guess i just gotta find a place for Tae and I now."
"Don't be ridiculous, you two will stay here," Chanmi said making Hyunas head whip up.

"Oh no, I cannot put that burden on you, it's fine rea-"
"That wasn't an invitation, that was an order."

The two looked between each other before laughter erupted into the air.

"Thank you Chanmi," Hyuna said when the older women pulled her into a hug, rubbing at her back soothingly- tears started to prick in the corners of Hyunas eyes.

"You don't need to thank me hunny, you're already apart of the family."

————

This sty realllly hurts,
like every time I blink- ouch