» 74

"So. I need to talk to you about last night," Chanmi said monotonously, giving off the feeling of authority as she directed her attention towards the couple that stood only a few feet away from her.

Hyunas eyes widen a little, palms becoming clammy as she watched Chanmi sit them down at the breakfast bar.

Chanmi walked around and sat infront of them, and when she noticed the nervous girl she immediately shot her hand out and held on tightly to hers.

"Oh hunny, don't feel nervous, I'm sorry I said it like that. I just wanted to talk about what happened," she said with a sweet welcoming smile and her thumb began stroking circles comfortingly.

Chanmi watched as Hyuna visibly calmed down, watching as her once stiffened shoulders dropped and she swallowed the lump in her throat that accumulated because of Chanmis words.

"Hey it'll be okay," Jaemin whispered out to Hyuna, watching as she nodded before looking up to him.

Jaemin only smiled at her, eyes staring straight into her soul as he tried to calm his girlfriend more, knowing that there would have to be a lot to cover.

Hyuna sighed, looking up to Jaemin and whispering a quiet thank you before looking back at Jenos mother.

"So uh, I kinda ran away from home," she said low and shaky, voice becoming quieter at the end. The feeling of reassurance filling her as she felt a comforting squeeze from Chanmi- a warm smile forming on her face as she looked down at the you her girl.

"It's okay baby, you don't have to force anything out."

These words hit Hyuna like a brick, she barley knew the lady and yet she felt more loved and cared for than her own parents ever showed her. She was kind and thoughtful, gently and patient and Hyuna felt such a strong sense of family importance and value from her.

Tears started to prick up in her eyes again and she reached up to wiped them away frantically, sniffling a little as her emotions started to become hyper sensitive of this lost feeling of acceptance and care.

"I'm sorry," Hyuna mumbled out and blinking her eyes to flutter away the last lot of tears.

"Why are you sorry?" Chanmi softly rubbed her thumb over the girls as brought her hand up to wipe away the last few tears that remained on her cheeks.

"I-it's just that my parents have never shown me the amount of kindness you have show me. I have experience more love in this household in one day than I have in my entire life."

Chanmi sighed at her words, shaking her head and looking up to her will sorrow eyes.
"I'm sorry you have had to go through that, but I want you to know that I am here for you- that we are here for you, and we will not allow anything to hurt you."

Chanmi reached out her other hand and grabbed Jaemins too, holding his hand softly as she gave him a sincere smile and warning a nod in return. 

"That's what we have to talk about... considering Hyuna doesn't have anywhere to stay at the moment, and we kinda just abruptly entered the house last night-"

"I am so sorry about that by the way," Hyuna said cutting Jaemin off, looking at Chanmi who just waved it off and then looking at Jaemin who's mouth turned into a straight line as he looked down at the girl who interrupted him.

"Sorry," she said realising herself to let Jaemin speak. But before Jaemin could say what he was about to say, Chanmi held her hand up to stop him.

"Are you going to ask me if Hyuna and Tae can stay here for a while?" Her voice sounded conflicting and that made Hyuna start to worry.

What if she said no and Hyuna had to go back to her old house. What if she called the police.

Her mind filled with many negative words, saying how of course they wouldn't want her, all she's good at anyway is grades- but it wasn't until Hyuna Heard- the next words that made her mind freeze and heart start to beat expeditiously.

Because these next words would become a first for her to ever hear in her life and those eight words would send an array of emotions flooding though her body.

"Of course, we would love to have her."