» 32

(Low quality picture of a high quality man)

Hyuna stopped running, lungs burning as she panted heavily, trying to fill her lungs with enough oxygen.

Bending over with her hands on her knees, Jaemin had stopped running now too. He looked back at the girl and chuckled to himself as he watched her put her hands behind her head to expand her air way.

"How- are- you- so- fit?" She said between taking deep breaths. The two had been running around for a solid 15 minutes, and while Hyuna felt as if she was dying, Jaemin didn't even break a sweat.

"Curse your athletic abilities" she said, finally getting her breathing back to a semi-normal pace.

Jaemin laughed, watching as the girl wiped her forehead and sat on the floor. "Is it hot out here, or is it just me?" She said using her hand to fan herself but giving up almost instantly when it did nothing.

"It's just you love." Jaemin said with a slight laugh, sitting down across from her, legs spread out and leaning back on his hands.

The two looking up at the sky, the sunset turning to shades of blue as the sun had disappeared beyond the horizon.

"Hyuna."

"Hmm?"

"Why were you in detention that one day?"

Jaemins question made Hyuna freeze momentarily before she looked down at him, his gaze already on her as he awaited her answer.

"I- uh, punched someone." She admitted shyly, she didn't want to go to detention, she didn't even want to hurt the girl.

"May I ask why?" Jaemin asked cautiously, not wanting to sound intrusive.

"She said something insulting and mean." She said, looking back up to the sky before continuing, Jaemin listening carefully at every word she said.

"About my family, but mostly about my brother. I just got angry, and I never meant to hurt her, I'm not usually like that. But something washed over me and- yeah, I punched her."

The confession left the two in a silence, but it was never awkward, it was comfortable.

Jaemin moved his way over to sit beside Hyuna and proceeding to lay down- hands behind his head as he looked up to her, smiling a soft smile when she looked back down at him.

"Well I think she deserves it." He said, watching as Hyuna also adjusted herself so she was laying down too. "Who could ever hurt Tae?"

His voice had sounded like that was such an absurd thought, the boy was pure in every way possible, and that's how Hyuna had raised him.

But there was a reason why Tae was scared of any male older to him, so it came as a shock when he was so open and himself around Jaemin.

When their father had his friends around and they began to drink, his friends would get angry when Tae would come in to ask his dad something- often slapping him to learn respect.

Their father- depending on how drunk he was- would sometimes stop them, but most of the time if he was smashed he would laugh along with them.

When Jaemin didn't get a response, he looked down to the girl. She was in her own world and he could tell she was lost in her thoughts.

So he cleared his voice, looking back up at the now dark sky, trying to spot the stars under the light polluted ether.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked, catching Hyunas attention as she let out a hum in question before following his gaze to the sky.

"Oh, yeah it is." She said as they looked up at the faded stars that littered the sky scarcely, the moon staying luminescent among the skyscrapers.

"Jaemin."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."