» 69

Jeno looked from Jaemin to Hyuna, a long uhh sound vibrating through his chest before he picks up the hint Jaemin was expressing through his wide eyes and head nods to the kitchen.

"I'm uh- I'm just gonna go make us some hot chocolate," he said before scurrying off down the hallway leaving the couple finally alone to talk.

"Jaemin?" Hyuna said, a concerned look painted on her face as she grabbed hold of his hand, his head hang low before he finally looked up to her.

"I think we should sit down," he said ominously and leading her to a small lounge room.

It was cozy; throw pillows of various colours displayed on the couch, a fire was lit and illuminated the room with warm and orange hues- it was the complete opposite of Hyunas monotone cold house.

"Jaemin is everything alright?" She asked, squeezing his hand in reassurance that everything will be okay as they say on the large couch.

Jaemin seemed to be lost in thought as he hummed when looking up at the girl, only to nod and say sorry.

"Yeah, everything's alright. The reason why I took you to Jenos is actually because I've been staying here the past couple of months."

Hyuna looked at him confused, tilting her head to get a better look at his peculiar disposition.

"Wait, I'm confused. How long have you been staying here?" She asked, trying to plot together the inadequate pieces of a seemingly empty puzzle.

Jaemin took a deep breath in, sitting up straight and looking up at the roof in thought.
"Well we've been together for about a month and a half, but we became partners just above five-ish months ago. So maybe three months I've been staying here."

His words were said nonchalantly as he looked back down at the girl and gave her a half smile.

Hyunas mouth was agape, a dry feeling sat at the back of her throat as she stared at him in disbelief.

"Okay," she began, swallowing the dryness down and nodding her head as she thought. "So why exactly are you staying here?"

Jaemin flicks between her eyes for a second before looking around the room in thought. She could know the truth, at least not tonight, so Jaemin decided to sugar coat the truth.

"I uh- well you see there's something going wrong with the deal between our fathers companies, and Jenos mother kindly offered to take me in while our fathers sort everything out." He said blatantly.

Hyuna knew that wasn't the whole truth, but she decided not to push him and that he will tell her everything when time is right and when he is comfortable.

She could tell by the look in his eyes, the longing feeling of pain, the black bags under his eyes shouted how tired he was but she trusted him, and all she could do was to be there for him.

He shifted in his seat a little, knees touching knees as he subconsciously squeezed her hand.

"I was going to tell you, but I didn't know how. I thought everything would of fixed itself before you would have had to find out."

Hyuna removed one of her hands from his to reach up and cup his face. Thumb stroking against the high of his cheek bone as he looked her in the eyes.

"Jae, you don't have to keep things to yourself, but I won't push you either. I am here for you and will support you no matter what, we will get through this situation together, and besides, I'm sure our parents are figuring everything out right now. My father isn't that heartless to not help your family," she said sweetly, adjusting herself so she was closer to him.

Her other hand came up to rest at the back of his neck, fingers running through his hair as she looked from his eyes to his lips.

"We're a team, you and me," she said moving closer till they were centimetres apart.

Jaemin looked from her eyes to her lips in a quick glance before initiating the kiss.

It was sweet and they lingered into it, savouring the moment before moving away abruptly at the sound of Jeno walking back into the room.

A sheepish smile etched onto his face as he stood in the doorway with three mugs in hand.

"I brought the hot chocolate."