» 26

"Hyuna?"

The soft whimpers turned into sniffling behind the closed door that separated the two.

When Jaemin didn't get a response, he took the initiative to open the door slowly, allowing the dimly lit room to come into view. Jaemins eyes automatically drawn to the girl who sat on her bed.

Knees brought up to her chest as she hugged them close, forehead resting on her knees as her hair covered her face to make a barrier between the two.

"Can I come in?" He asked calmingly as he waited in the door way, but once again she didn't respond.

Jaemin only sighed, shutting the door behind him and making his way to the bed, sitting down on the side of it as he looked at her.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was soft, soothing and it calmed her a little. She wanted to nod her head saying she was fine, that everything was okay, but instead she let out a small weep.

Sniffles escaping the girl as tears fell down her cheeks. "Love, tell me what's wrong."

Hyuna took a deep, shaky breath in, trying to prepare herself and making sure her voice didn't falter.

"Hows Tae?" She asked, voice cracking a little as she finally looked up. Her eyes red and puffy, cheeks had been tear stained as fresh ones fell down her rosy cheeks. Her lips also puffy and in a pout as she sniffles once again.

"He's good, he's asleep now."

"I'm sorry for just leaving him there like that, I'm such a bad sister." Hyuna said, dropping her head back onto her knees as her shoulders shook, soft whimpers once again leaving her lips.

Jaemins eyes widened slightly, shifting on the bed so he was a little closer to her, sadden by her doubts in herself. "Hey, love don't say that. You're an amazing sister. I've seen what you're like with Tae, and he loves you."

Her crying had stopped again as she proceeded to look back up to the boy, he was closer than before and her heart started to race at their close proximity.

Cheeks turning a light shade of red in embarrassment that she was crying in front of him. Looking up to the roof as she tried to stop the tears from falling and to hide her face in embarrassment.

"Gosh." Hyuna started, letting out a small chuckle as she looked back down, but not at him, at herself in the reflection of her mirror.

"I'm such a disappointment, I'm really over here crying." She laughed at herself, wiping the tears from her eyes with her palm and sniffling again.

"Hyuna, you aren't a disappointment, trust me." He said sincere, eyes softened as he watched the girl look everywhere but him, her fingers playing with a loose strand on her blanket.

"I am to my parents?" She held sadness in the way she spoke, pain held her heart tightly, which had only increased over the years.

Jaemins eyes gazed over her face, absorbing her expression as best as he could, noticing a strand of hair falling over her face. So he leant over and gently tucked it behind her ear, catching her off guard which made her look up to him.

Their faces only centimetres apart, she could feel his soft breaths hitting her face, but that didn't last long as he sat back, smiling gently at the girl who looked up at him with wide eyes at how close they were before.

"Are you really okay, love?"