The gift

The hours had slowly dragged by, Krieger looked at his watch, it was by now 5PM, he had spent his lunch trying in his office with some food M4 had brought in from the cafeteria, as he rearranged the paperwork and slid them onto a tray in the usual spot so G36 could come in and pick it up, he quickly put the picture frame away, and pressed a bit on his comm link, M4? are you there?

"What is it commander do you need to see me now?"

"Yes, but no hurry finish up what ever you need to do"

"Thank you sir I'LL be there in a minute"

A few minutes later there was a knock on his door, come in he said, it was M4

" sir could you please come out for a second? We thought we could have a surprise for you"

"alright, I'm coming, what's it gonna be?"

When the commander walked out he was given quite a surprise, all his girls had shownup out side his office crowding the hallway, before with a clap from a M16 drinking his lost bet, they all in unison shouted: "Thank you Commander!", tears started to well up in his eyes as he looked over the crowd.

" I want to thank you all for what you have done for me these three eventful years, now go and get some rest and relaxation, you all get the day off tomorrow!"

 And with a chorus of thank you's the crowd quickly departed.

"Now then" said the commander as he opened the door to allow M4 in, " please take a seat" he said.

" Now M4 I want to know do you really trust me?"

"100% sir I would do anything for you!"

"Thank you, now I want you to close you eye's and give me your right hand"

" listen M4, and don't let anyone else tell you, you can't lead a team or anything negative alright? Your a very special T-doll in my eyes, I have seen you out in the field, you can do great things as long as you believe in it, and trust yourself I will always be by your side"

M4 could feel it as the Commander held her hand deftly, his warm hand slowly slid off her combat gloves and she felt coldness of the silver ring being slid onto her ring finger as she let out of soft gasp of realizing what the Commander was doing, as he let go of her hand she slowly placed it down on the table as her eye's started to tear up.

" whats wrong M4? My sincerest apologies for making you cry, do you need a tissue?"

"No thi- this i- is g- gr- great, thank you so much!"

As M4 leapt across the table embracing the commander with her body, letting the tears flow, and her head rest in against his chest, as the commander soon wrapped his Arms around her, the warmth of her body against his felt different, and it felt comforting to know the wolf of the Urals had found someone special, so he hugged he as tight as he could without hurting her letting this warmth wash over him.

" its just I-I-I I never was treated by my other commander as fair and as kind as you have"

" there, there, its okay I will be with you, your welcome to visit me whenever just give a knock and I will be there for you"

"Thank you commander"

"Now remember my words and stay strong"

"Of course, I will always remember that".

*At AR-teams dorm*

"say M4 you have been holding your right hand real tight for the past 10 minutes"

"shu- shush M16 go back and finish your Ale , and get a hangover again"

"ooh she got you m16"

"shush Sopmod"

"You have been pretty protective of that glove of yours, why don't we see whats under there?"

"Hey, lets not do that"

"quick! Ro hold her down!"

"normally I won't participate but judging by M4s face I'm for once curious"

"Hey thats not fair 3v1!"

"relax its not like anything bad is gonna"

The glove with a final tug from Sopmod using her teeth comes off, and the rest of the AR team stop there jostling to look at the ring on M4s hand, as M4 turned red from embarrassment, by no ST-AR15 noticed and was also staring, This silence lasted about 5 seconds before the realization set in on the rest, and the dorm room erupted in squealing and happy screaming, as m16 immediately sent the big news out through the neural network.

" awww look who's now oathed"

"maybe I misjudged the commander he seems like the right guy lil sis"

" when can I get one huh huh?"

"Sopmod it's not out of the blue you daft puppy"

This squealing and commotion was soon interrupted, "Alright quiet everyone and settle down"

"but commander we were just celebrating with M4 the news" replied M16 with a grin on her face.

" yes but maybe not send it to the whole base you girls realize that was sent though my comm link as well?"

A look of surprise and "ohh brother somebody about to kick the donkey" came from M16s face

" now for this commotion you caused, I could literally hear it from my office, you have to pickup your dorm tomorrow"

" now come along M4"

" Yes commander, Thank you commander"

As the the two left M4 with a hand wrapped around her shoulder, the only sound that could be heard was the other talk coming from dorm 2 and 4 next to them, and the clanking of metal against metal.

"Wait is that sound coming from the commanders foot? is his foot metal?" asked Sopmod

" why else did you think I got these bottles of Ale"

The end

Sorry if the endings a bit shitty I just wanted to finish this chapter.