Ambush

"     Finally!" The Commander let out a sigh as he leaned back on his office chair, finishing the days logistic support, and printing out forms for tomorrow, he leaned back a bit further. "Whoop!" As he found himself falling backward.

*THUD*

"Sigh" He laid there putting a hand to the back of his head, it felt like he got hit by a miniature freight train to the head. Seconds later footsteps came in his offices direction and the door opened.

"Commander are you okay?"

"Why don't you eat one of my muffins? You might feel better"

"Springfield, your baking is a miracle but it can't fix everything"

"Don't worry you two, just need some water and I'LL be just fine"

"I can get the water!"

"Commander it's getting late why don't you get some rest? The doctor said you should rest more after the surgery"

"Alright M4 I'm just about done let me clean my self up first"

When the Commander finished he found the glass of water on his table with a Tylenol and finished it off, heading to his bed he found M4 already dozed off on his bed clutching her ringed finger, The commander smiled before giving her a light kiss on the forehead before grabbing his coat and heading over to his office chair and dozing off.

"Good morning Commander how are? I'm sorry you had to sleep in your chair"

"I'm fine, as long as you are okay I will be happy"

"Well here's your breakfast usual, Coffee, French Toast, and a Muffin from Springfield"

"Thanks M4 I knew I could count on you, your now dismissed to your dorm or cafe if you wish"

"Thank you Commander, let me know if you need me"

The commander finished his breakfast and headed out to inspect the base, checking the repair bay, heading over to the Production, popping in to the dorms, before finally heading in to the control room.

"Good morning commander how was that muffin of mine? I put some extra love into it!"

"Of course it tasted great Springfield, what's my schedule today?"

"Nothing sir Helian has arranged no meetings and a scheduled check-in is due next week"

"Hold on sir comm link in from main gate tower"

"Patch me in"

"On it sir"

"Commander this is Garand we have spotted SF signals 2 miles out"

"Oh dear, hold fire, reinforcements incoming"

"Springfield alert all dorms and reserves sound the alarm, possible code Lemur and start backing up all current files and confidential info to H.Q, then work on Tdoll memory's, also prepare to erase all data if the it moves on to  XK class event"

" oh and when you finish and go out to take shots, try not to get your self hurt"

"Of course you can count on me Commander!"

The commander headed out to main gate tower A-1.

"Hand me the binoculars Garand, and all rifle dolls grab 2 dummy links, M200, NTW-20 grab one and begin picking off fast movers and armored enemies"

A chorus of Yes sirs arose from the comms

A look through the binos revealed Jaegers, Vespids, Dinergates, and a possible dummy linked Reaper. He quickly switched the command link to the armory. P08 please grab my case #3, once you have finished with the others.

"Of course sir"

"Echelon 2 and 3 move out to bunker and entrenched positions out side, 4 please flank from the side and provide harassing fire, 1 setup on watch tower 3 and start picking them off"

A thunk on the floor next to him turned out to be P08 finally climbing up with the case.

"Thanks your dismissed, feel free to follow up echelon 4"

"Jawhol commander"

The commander opened up the case to pullout his favorite: a modified M1903 with AP rounds as he aimed down sights and spotted the reapers dummy linked.

"Let's see, you seem to be an annoyance to my girls in echelon 4, stay still."

*crack*

The shot scraped the head just going through her cheek, as she started screaming and grabbing at her spaghettified face, but soon after follow up shots from PTRD and NTW she became a hunk of metal on the floor, this rapid disassembly angered the original copy and ordered a charge, sadly over strategy took over and by the end ech 4 withdrawed to allow ech 5 in place pinning them down behind a ridge, as looked over all but Reaper herself, 18 or so Jaegers and hordes of rippers. He looked over the sights once more to see one of Reapers particle cannons aimed at him.

"Well fuck me sideway-"

With a loud explosion the commander was knocked off the two story tower as it crumbled

"Ohhhhh my head"

"Commander are you okay? We need the ERT here stat!"

"Move him away from the opening! Spas 12 prepare to repel the entry way"

"M200 coming in final Reaper is down"

"Great work, provide overwatch for us, the commander is being evacuated to his command post"

" don't worry commander you haven't lost a limb again"

"Heh tell that to M16"

"Inform ERT to report to command post, commander stay with me"

To be continued...

Came up with this on a Sunday morning so yeah have fun, time  to disappear for another week

Edit: May 10 2022. Fixed a bit of punctuation and grammar issue. Don't remember writing this.