S I X T Y

"Think of something— something happy!" said y/n, as she looked at her reflection on the mirror. She's been doing this for the past few hours, and she can't get this right.

She was having a hard time to think of something happy. With everything happening in her life, she cannot think straight.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying it again.

"Expecto Patronum!" said y/n, with powerful force, but nothing came out in her wand.

She have to master this before anyone in her household could confiscate her wand. Y/n stood up straight and closed her eyes again.

Think of something happy, self.

She tried to think of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but the only thing she could think of; is one of them greeting hurt by the hands of her father. Y/n then tried thinking of Draco, but all she could picture is a sad Draco.

Her mind was filled with negative thoughts, blocking all the happy memtied she had shared with them.

"Expecto Patronum!" she shouted once again, but it never worked. She tried her best to think of something that could make her happy. But she was way too frustrated and annoyed.

"Okay, let me just take a break first. Then, I'll try it again," she mumbled to herself. She flopped herself on the bed, sighing to herself. "Why I couldn't get this right?"

Maybe you weren't even trying, said the bitter voice in her head.

"How could I think of something when everything is going downhill?" she asked. There's a long pause until she realised something, "Great, now I'm talking to myself."

She rolled her eyes and sunk her head on the pillow, releasing everything that burdens her. She screamed like there's no tomorrow.

And then she stopped when she felt something.

Y/n looked at her wrist. It was the bracelet given by Cedric. All of a sudden, when she touched it, thousand of memories came rushing in.

Summer 1992

The sun peeked over the fields, the skies are filled with different shapes of clouds, and the wind danced with the meadows.

They were outside, playing cricket. As Cedric was about to loose, he decided to stop the game.

"Let's take a break!" he shouted over.

"Why is it because you're about to loose?" she asked, laughing aloud.

"No, it's hot in here," he replied, nonchalantly.

Soon, the two of them went inside. Kirk gave them a water and then he left quickly. The father of y/n was always away during summer, that's why her mum, Ellora, was always here to help her daughter.

"Hey! Did you guys had a fun time outside?" asked Ellora.

The pair just nodded.

"Okay, if you wanted to eat something or bake, the kitchen is all yours," said her mum, grabbing her hat, "Because I have to go somewhere else."

"Where are you going?" asked y/n..

"To meet up with your aunt, honey," replied her mother. And with that, she left, leaving the two alone and the house elf.

"So, do you want to bake brownies?" asked y/n. Cedric responded with a nod.

They went to the kitchen, rummaging through the pantry, checking if they have the right ingredients for their brownies. Not long after, they baked.