S I X T Y - E I G H T

Everything is getting weird as each time passes. First, she woke up with a note on her desk. It was given by her parents. She opened the note and finally decided to read it.

Y/n,

We went outside for awhile. We will be back soon of course, but please don't do anything stupid whilst we're gone. 

P.S 

your aunt is here to stay with us.

E and P.

She scoffed. Y/n can't do anything stupid since her wand is not here. She tried to convince her Dad to give back her wand, but he did not approved of it.

Of course, she never tried to convince her mum because she eventually knew what's her answer is going to be. The more she observed her parents, she's starting to like her father more than her mother. 

Her father was slowly changing in a good way, but of course she haven't fully confirmed it if he really was changing or not.

She wasn't entirely sure yet. Her mum, on the other hand, she observed that Ellora was slightly bossy and kind of mean than Proteus. 

And so, after reading the note, she went downstairs to check on her Aunt Olivia. She saw her on the couch reading the daily prophet. Y/n tapped on her shoulder and greeted her.

"How is my favourite niece?" she asked her whilst hugging her. Y/n pulled away from the hug to answer her.

"I feel like a total crap," y/n jokingly said to her Aunt.

"Because?" 

"Two words: My parents," she answered. The answer made Olivia laughed, she wasn't surprised to hear that, but in the mean time, she was slightly angry at them.

Later on, the two of them catch up, telling stories how their day went and how they have been feeling these past few weeks. 

As they were in the middle of discussion, y/n's parent came back. Y/n's mood was now ruined by their presence. 

"Where have you been?" asked Olivia to her sister. 

"Some errands. Did y/n behaved well?" said Ellora, in which Olivia nodded in return. Y/n looked at her mother. She knew that 'errands' means meeting the other death eaters and plotting what will happen next.

Y/n sighed and stood up, ready to leave the room so that she can go back to her room in peace.

"And why are you going back to your room? Don't you want a family bonding time?" his father asked, causing y/n to stop in her tracks. Y/n laughed in front of him and answered him no. She turned her heels away and jogged upstairs. 

Y/n passed by the room of Linus. Meanwhile, Kirk is cleaning in the hallways. She'd rather spend more time with Linus and Kirk rather than spending her time with her family.

She finally sat on her bed. There isn't much thing to do now since their plan is halfway finish. All they have to do is to wait and prepare. And of course, her friend, Linus is still staying at her manor.

Her parents didn't mind letting Linus to stay here. As she stared at her ceiling, she felt something odd. 

She was bothered by the odd feeling. She felt like someone got injured- or worse died. In this moment, she wished that she had the pegasus journal so she could see what's going on back in Hogwarts. Without realising, Linus barged into her room without knocking on her door.

He saw her worried face and decided to ask her what's wrong.

"Is there something wrong?" asked Linus, putting a hand on her shoulder, a way of comforting her.

Instead of answering his question, she told him that she should've got the pegasus journal from Harry. Linus didn't understand about this journal, but for y/n, it's very important to her. She wanted to see if her friends are okay.

"Why is this important?" he asked.

"I feel like something went wrong," answered y/n. No matter how she tried to conceal her anxiety, it kept on showing, making Linus even more worried for her state.

"Wrong? Something went wrong with our plan?"

"No. Our plan is doing great. I felt like someone got hurt or something, but I don't know who," said y/n. There's a long pause from her and then carried on, "What if something went wrong back in Hogwarts? What if my friends got hurt? Or worse..."

Linus cut her off and shakes his head no, "You're overthinking. Besides, I know that they're perfectly safe and sound especially your lover boy. He's safe, I promise." Linus gave her an assuring smile and kissed her forehead. Y/n leaned her head in the crook of his neck. At this point, all of her worry were now washed away because of those comforting words from Linus.

Why would I worry? Draco promised to me that he will be safe. He pinky-promised to me.

-

He sobs, as he felt the pain in his stomach. Blood were now gushing out from his flesh. He was hurt, emotionally and physically.

He laid there, hoping someone would aid him immediately. He saw Harry looking down on him, shock was written all over his face.

Draco could feel his life slipping out from his body. He felt like he wanted to give up now. As he closed his eyes for a second and then fluttered them opened, he saw an image of a girl, slowly walking towards him. She knelt beside him and held his hand.

"Are you giving up now?" asked y/n.

"I- I can't do it anymore. I'm tired, y/n. I'm so sorry," he answered her, panting.

"I thought all of the Malfoys aren't known to be giving up easily," said y/n, bunching her forehead. Draco let out a soft chuckle.

"Not all of them," he answered truthfully.

She sighed and looked at their surroundings. Draco's clothes were getting soggy from the water on the floor. 

"If you want to let go, I'll understand..." she paused. It was a very painfully long pause. She took a moment for not breaking down, "But.. haven't you remembered? You promised to me, right?"

Draco never forgot his words. He promised to her that he will be safe, but will he let go? Is he willing to leave everything from behind? Is it okay for him to leave y/n? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

He did remember everything— everything he saw was worth fighting for. And he wouldn't be fighting for his last breath without her.

He's not giving up now. He can't just leave y/n alone.

***
To my lovely readers,

Stay home and stay safe. I pray that all of you are healthy and doing great! Kisses to all. Love you xx

Even though, we're still in lockdown. I wish you a great day staying indoors while reading this chapter. Hope you liked it :>