S E V E N T Y - N I N E

She woke up, screaming once again. Y/n dreamt about what she experienced during the past awful months. Her dream felt so real, she could hear Sevy's disturbing laughter, she could still feel the dagger sinking to her skin as blood dripped down on her chest. She remembered the pain and how awful it was to be in that situation.

The dagger, the words on her chest, and the screaming. Even she recalled the day when she witnessed a death eater beheading an innocent man— it all came rushing to her.

"No, no, no, no!" she screamed. She saw Sevy walking towards her, calming her down. Y/n looked at him and screamed right in front of his face.

"Calm down now, y/n. Everything is alright."

And no, she didn't calm down. Her body trembled in fear.

"Y/n, calm down!" all of their voices roared. Y/n blinked her eyes hard, as she wiped her tears. Her vision began to clear and saw four figures standing in front of her.

She saw her best friends standing beside her cot; Linus stood beside them. The trio's faces were shocked on how y/n looked. Her wrist and her chest were wrapped around with gauze bandage.

"Y/n, calm down," said Linus, soothing her back. He pushed the trio forward. "I managed to find your friends, y/n. They're here now."

Hermione weeped and carefully hugged her best friend. Her heart broke when she saw y/n's state. 

"W-what happened?" Hermione's voice cracked.

Y/n remained silent. She rather not talk about it. Before y/n could get a glimpse of Hermione's arm, Linus pulled the three and decided to tell them the story in private.

"Someone took her right after she left the three of you— Sevy took her in and—" Linus gulped, not wanting to finish his sentence. He shook his head. "The good news is she's here alive and well."

Right after they listened, Hermione sat beside her. Ron and Harry followed suit. Harry was sorry for the things he said behind y/n's back whilst they're haunting for the hocruxes. Ron, on the other hand, held y/n's hand— a simple gesture telling her that she's safe now with them.

"I'm sorry," was the first words y/n said to the trio. Y/n broke down in tears. Hermione hugged her tight, calming her down.

"You don't have to be sorry, y/n. You did nothing wrong," said Harry. Y/n's eyes landed on him, observing the boy who lived. Harry's face changed, he was no longer the boy she knew back in third year. His eyes were sad and tired at the same time.

Of course, who wouldn't be tired from searching the hocruxes?

Ron, too, had also changed. He wasn't happy nor enthusiastic. The same goes to Hermione as well.

"I left the three of you alone-"

"Y/n, don't. You don't have to say sorry. I'm the one who should say sorry. I'm sorry for thinking that you betrayed us," confessed Harry. It was true, Harry thought that y/n bailed them and told the Dark Lord about their plans for the war. But he guessed it wrong, y/n spent her days locked up alone in the chamber with no food, no proper bed, and no one there to save her that time.

Y/n noticed that Hermione has been looking at her wounds. She then decided that it was time to tell her story.

"He called me awful names and I defended myself. Sevy took his dagger and— he wrote the word 'minx' here," said y/n, pointing at her chest. She cried out loud, "Those days, I felt like I'm running out of time. I don't have enough time to say goodbye to the three of you."

"Don't think like that, y/n. You're alive and you're here with us, okay?" Ron soothed her hand. He tried his best not to cry in front of his friends.