E I G H T Y - N I N E

The golden quartet, looked at each other. It was just like from the beginning- just like from year three. They were acknowledging each other's presence before they head off to war.

"Quite a speech you made, Harry," chuckled y/n. Harry and the other two let out a hearty laugh. In the midst of the war, they still have time to make each other laugh.

"Well, it's the truth," answered Harry.

Y/n looked outside the window. Chills run through her spine, she couldn't believe that she was actually witnessing a war right before her eyes.

They stood in the middle of the hallway. Back in the early days, this hallway was filled with laughing students, but now it will only be filled with their screams, running for their lives.

Trying to save themselves away from the death eaters. Kids were fighting for their future, not wanting to be in the hands of someone who only seeks for power and greed.

The staffs were also there, protecting the students like they always do. The Order was there, ready to sacrifice for the sake of the war.

Everyone is fighting. A war between the good and bad.

"Still can't believe this is all happening," sighed Ron.

"Same here. I wish we could be a kid again," said Hermione. "I remember that one time, y/n and I were running for Ginny just because she threw a water on us, remember that y/n?"

"Yes, I did remember. It was so cold," laughed y/n.

"Who else remember that one time we would always play prank on each other?" Ron asked, Harry gave him a high five, laughing as they shared memories back in their early years at Hogwarts.

"Also, who remember that y/n turned Harry down on his invitation for the yule ball?" added Ron. Both him and Hermione laughed until tears escaped from their eyes.

"Very funny, Roonil Wazlib. Not to mention that Hermione also shouted at you during that day," Harry sarcastically said as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, that's enough boys," Hermione separated them both.

Once they were reminiscing the good old days, y/n looked at them. As she was observing their faces, she feels like nothing has changed.

They're the same Harry, Ron and Hermione that she met back in year three.

The same trio she sat for the first time she stepped inside Hogwarts. The same trio who helped her escaped and let her stayed with them. The same trio who was there for her.

It was them and her against all odds.

And now, we see them parting ways before they do their role for the war. They're no longer kids who were struggling to pick up the broom by saying "up". They're no longer kids who were foolishly playing around.

Harry, the chosen one. Also known as the golden boy of Hogwarts. He finally matured and he isn't the same oblivious kid he used to be.

Ron, our king. He was teased a lot by calling him names. But this year, he finally stood for himself, not wanting to be trampled over again.

Hermione, the clever witch. Half of the population in the wizarding world still don't accept people like her. But our Hermione has proved that blood statuses are worthless by showing that she is proud of what she had become today.

Y/n, the war heroine. It's funny that she was scared of heights, but when it comes to war, she was never afraid to fight. Truth to be told, she never listened to Brenda, all she could hear was her own voice, telling her to fight.