S E V E N T Y - S I X

Back to her friend's location. Hermione kept on pacing back and forth, wondering where on earth her best friend went. Ron and Harry did the same, thinking to themselves that y/n might have bailed on them.

The three of them formed a circle, facing each other as they held the pendant that y/n created for them.

"Do you think this will work?" asked Ron, observing the wing pendant laid on his palm.

"I suppose so," answered Hermione. "I think she used some advanced charms on this one."

Harry didn't bother to say anything. He doesn't know anything about charms. What if this is fake? What if she was betraying them? He asked himself.

Just trust her. She won't break her vow. The inner voice told him.

Would he though?

"At the count of three, we'll tap the pendant together," said Hermione.

3...2...1

Tap.

They waited. The three of them looked around, checking if y/n apparated beside them. All they could see around them was the blue sky and the grass. No signs of their best friend. In the back Ron's mind, he thought he was having a flashback; he remembered the day when they found out y/n isn't going to continue her education in Hogwarts. 

It was like this all over again, but this time they don't  know where she went.

Hermione kept on tapping the pendant, looking from high and low, hoping she would see y/n. Ron tapped the pendant thrice, but nothing happened. Harry, on the other hand, fumed. He wished that he should've trust his own instincts.

They're wasting time, they have to go now.

"Where is she?" Hermione asked to the boys.

"She should be here by now," said Ron, looking at his watch. Both Hermione and Ron were optimistic. They knew that y/n wouldn't just leave them behind. They were still hoping.

Harry grunted, throwing away the pendant. "I should've known! She's bailing us!" he fumed, causing the pair to be startled. Hermione saw his face— it was the face he made when he found out the friend of his father betrayed them. 

"Let's go— we shouldn't wait on that traitor!" yelled Harry. "We're running out of time. We have to find the locket."

"But, Harry, we have to wait for her!" remarked Hermione. She was getting worried. "What if.. What if... We have to wait for five more minutes. I know she'll come." she whispered at the end of her sentence.

Harry furiously furrowed his forehead. 

"We had been waiting for her since yesterday, 'Mione! We sat there and waited for her. Did she came at all?" he raised his voice at Hermione. The three of them knew the answer. 

"After all she done for us, you're just going to throw her like that?"

Harry didn't answer. He remembered y/n's plan with Linus: find some volunteers, train them and let them fight beside the good. It was a huge risk for y/n to do it. She gathered all what they need in the safe house by using her own money. But in Harry's head, even though she had done good things to prove that she's on the good side, his mind still wavered. He was hesitating. 

He knew that his father trusted the wrong man and that led to something he wished it didn't happened— and the worse of all, it was his best friend. Harry knew how to think, he couldn't let this happen again. 

"We have to go," Harry ignored the question of Hermione. Ron shook his head. He agree on Hermione's side. They have to wait for y/n's arrival.

"Hermione is right, Harry. We couldn't just leave her. She's our friend."