E I G H T Y

She was scared earlier when she heard about her condition, it caused her to panic, but now, Hermione made her feel a lot better now as she told y/n about their journey looking for the locket and the sword. Outside her room, everyone was busy. Both Ron and Harry decided to help Linus downstairs. Meanwhile, Hemione stayed to keep y/n a company.

Y/n laughed as she imagined a scared ginger boy, backing up away from Hermione. Hermione told y/n about the time when Ron found them in the woods.

"So, let me get this straight... Were you mad at him or not?" y/n chuckled, lifting her right eyebrow. Hermione let out a nervous laugh as she fiddle with her wand. "Ah, is little miss Granger blushing?"

Hermione immediately responsed with a disapproving look. "No, I'm not!" she shook her head no, but y/n kept on teasing her.

"Yeah right," y/n rolled her eyes. She grabbed the stack of paper beside her desk and started to fold them one by one.

"But, erm, Harry and I were miserable that time. He was sad that Ron left us, and I was also sad, thinking that two of our friends are not going back," sighed Hermione. Y/n held her hand and told her that she will never leave by their side. Not ever.

Hermione helped her, and both of them started to make some small paper cranes.

"You know, my father taught me how to do this. It was our special bonding," said Hermione, folding the paper into a crane.

"I never asked about your parents. Where are they now?" asked y/n, following the steps of Hermione.

Her best friend took a deep breath and pressed her lip together. "They're at Australia now. At least, they are far away from danger. How about your parents? Have your heard some news about them?" she asked to y/n, who simply shrugged her shoulders. As soon as y/n was brought to the backup safe house, she asked Axel, the son of Brenda, if there's any report about her parents.

There are countless of reports about her parents, but they decided not to tell her because "she will be more stressed" if she finds out.

"I don't know where they are actually," she mumbled in her breath. "If I ever saw them, I don't know how to react. I don't know if I'm going to be sad or be angry at them."

Hermione didn't know what to say, instead she showed y/n her finished paper crane.

"Tada!" exclaimed Hermione. Y/n did the same, she picked up her paper crane and showed it to Hermione.

"Let's make them fly, shall we?" asked y/n. The two girls aimed their wand to the paper cranes. The two paper cranes magically levitated from the desk and flew around the room. Y/n happily watched as the two paper cranes started to race.

Whilst they were looking at the paper cranes, Hermione took her time to observe the room. She wondered how did Linus and y/n could find a safe house like this.

"So... How did you and Linus found this?" Hermione gestured her surroundings.

"Actually, there are two safe house. The first one was the original—and this safe house is a back up. If something went wrong, we will stay here... But-"

"But what?"

"The first safe house was found by death eaters and some of my people didn't make it. Good thing, Linus told Kirk to go to the east where they can find the backup safe house."

Soon, the two paper cranes were crushed by the door when Brenda opened it. Hermione and y/n groan in defeat.

"I said earlier that let y/n rest," remarked Brenda, as she gave Hermione a disappointed look.