S E V E N T Y - S E V E N

He looked to his left and right. No one ever noticed him— and that was a good sign. Ever since the news broke out through the Wizarding world that he had almost killed the former headmaster of Hogwarts, it changed him.

That day will be written on the history books. That day will changed the perspective of the people towards him. He will never forget that day.

He walked around the little village called Hogsmeade. Draco passed by the shop where he and y/n had their first real conversation. It was also the same day that they made a pinky promise for each other.

The memories flood into his mind.

He smiled to himself, but then frowned again. He began to worry for y/n. Draco did everything he could to find her.

He even tried to go to her house, but no one was there. Not even her parents. He heard once that y/n's parents was away, but still doing their parts for the war.

The small bell ringed on top of him as soon as he entered Honeydukes. It was his favourite place when he was a little child. He straightened his cloak and looked down to his feet, ignoring the prying eyes of the costumers.

He went to his aisle, picking up his favourite sweets. Draco suddenly remembered that y/n had a strong liking for sweets.

What was his true purpose to go to this shop? Was he expecting to see y/n in here? Hoping to find her smacking his hand away and scold him that he had too much sweets?

Was that the real purpose?

Maybe.

He grabbed what he wanted and then went to the counter, ready to pay up. Draco never looked up, his eyes were glued down.

"That'll be-"

"Keep the change."

Draco walked away as soon as possible. With the bag full of sweets on his hands, he apparated away from the crowd.

He stood right in front of the small cottage. It wasn't big nor small. It's a normal size fit for a family. This is the place where he had been staying. The walls were painted cream just like he wanted. There isn't much stuff going around here and he don't want to start decorating yet because he wanted the place decorated by y/n.

As soon as he found y/n, this is the place where they're going to stay. They will start writing their first chapter with each other in here.

He promised that right after the war, they will ran away together. It was their dream. Draco sat on the stool and looked around. It was lonely. Very lonely.

The room was cold and lifeless, as if a ghost lived here. He placed the sweets on the table and conjured a jar. Draco opened the lid as he filled the jar with sweets one by one.

He began to count.

"One for myself," whispered Draco and put it inside the jar. "One for the future." he put it inside the jar. "One for y/n." Soon, Draco began counting and labeling them as a wish. He wished that these sweets will be as sweet as his future.

He don't want his future to be such a downfall. Doing this made his heart happy, it feels like he found hope once again. When he was finished filling up the jar, he got up from the stool and went to his room.

Even his room felt lifeless.

"Lumos," said Draco. The only light in the room lit up. He removed his cloak and laid it on top of chair. He slipped out of his shoe and began unbuttoning his black long polo sleeve, revealing his top part.

Draco flopped himself on his bed, forcing himself to sleep. The sky outside wasn't dark yet and he thinks that maybe sleeping early would magically solve his problem. But that wasn't the case for Draco. He couldn't have a good nice sleep when his mind filled with vivid pictures of y/n.