Embrace Your Geekiness Day

July 13
Embrace Your Geekiness Day

· · ·

Ring ring ring

Incoming call from
Danny-boy

Hell—

To find the volume of a cone, use the formula V=(1/3)πr2h where V represents volume, r is the radius of the circular face, and h is the height from the point to the center of the circular face.

Wha—

Stegosaurus lived during the Jurassic time period—about 151 to 156 million years ago. Tyrannosaurus rex lived in the Cretaceous time period—about 85 to 65 million years ago. More time separates the Stegosaurus and T-rex than the T-rex and us.

Hey—

The scar on Harry Potter's forehead is thought to be shaped like a lightning bolt, but it's really the shape of the Avada Kedavra wand movement.

Oh?

The first American football game took place on November 6, 1869, between Rutgers and Princeton.

Cool.

In 1970, Billy Joel drank a bottle of furniture polish in a suicide attempt.

Why do you know that?

Hippopotami sweat a red substance made up of two pigments—one red, one orange—that acts as a natural sunscreen. Ancient Greeks thought they sweat blood.

O...kay?

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis is the longest word in the English language dictionary. However, the longest word in the English language is the chemical name for titin which contains 189,918 letters. It takes over three hours to pronounce.

Please don't—

That's all for this year's edition of "Geeky Facts"! Tune in next July 13th—which just so happens to be Friday the 13th—for more interesting information that you probably don't need to know. Thank you for listening, and have a lovely day!

Wait, hold—

Beeeep

Call ended

—on. Let's try this again.

· · ·

I had so much fun writing and editing this chapter lol