No sleep, no problem.... OR not.

Peter was laying on the bed next to her, he told Dick long ago to go and take care of anything else around the tower since he couldn't sleep. Rachel was mainly motionless. He was always leaning down next to her nose to see if she was breathing. Seeing her like this, he hated it. He has never seen her that exhausted. But she told him that he had to wait for her to rest. So that is what he would do. He was doing anything he could to keep himself awake, he was watching Tv in really low volume and he still had the coffee Dick brought him. Rachel moved around and hugged his arm, he looked at her and smiled "I'm right here." he said and placed his left hand on to of hers. Under her touch he relaxed. He didn't, he had to stay awake. His eyes slowly started to get heavier, he prayed to god that if she needed anything she would wake him up. 

And he did sleep, it was too hard to avoid it for much longer. The sleep was a really light one. He wanted to be completely aware of anything happening around him in the room. It wasn't long before she was shaking him slightly. But it was enough to keep him for a couple more hours. "Hey, what is it?" he asked, she was still exhausted. "If you can... water." she said "Of course i can." he said, throwing his legs of the side of the bed and getting up "Be right back." he said with a smile. she gave him a weak smile as he walked out of the room. She looked around the room seeing the coffee next to the bed 'He did anything to not sleep.' she thought, her head was still hurting even after sleeping.

Peter walked in the kitchen the kitchen and found everyone eating their breakfast. They were looking at him, his stance and his face to be exact. The black circles under his eyes were too visible to ignore. "You came to eat." Dick asked "Nah, she wanted some water." Peter said "You should eat though." Dick said "Don't have the time. I need to be there." Peter looked at them "I will be there when training will take place." Peter walked to the door. "He's going to train with no sleep. Yeah right." Dick mocked.

The time passed and Rachel has fallen asleep again. Peter was just killing his time while watching videos with his phone. Until he received a message from Dick 'Hey guy who doesn't get tired, we are going to the training room. If you can you can come and train a bit.' Peter read and chuckled 'I'll be down in a minute.' he typed back. Looking over at Rachel he was having a debate in his head over if he should wake her up and tell her that he is going to train or let her rest. But if he doesn't wake her up how is she going to know where he will be. "Think Parker." he said to himself and looked around the room. "If you need to go somewhere go." Rachel said while burying her head in her pillow "You are awake?" Peter said surprised. "Yeah, for a couple of minutes." she answered Peter was about to say something when a phone call interrupted him. He answered and placed the phone on his ear "Yeah, be right there." Peter closed the phone and slipped it in his pocket "Look, i'm going with them to train, if you need anything. AND i mean  ANYTHING you call me." Peter said and she turned to look at him. He was now sitting next to her at the available space that her side of the bed had "Understood?" he asked and she nodded "That's my girl." he smiled and kissed her. She looked at him again, and this time, beeing less exhausted and tired she could she clear how tired HE was. "You need to rest." she said blankly "I'm good and if you are having trouble with Trigon then the rest of us need to be more than ready for anything." Peter said getting up. She just looked at him with a weird look "I'll be fine." he said and walked out of the room. Minutes later she heard a knock on the door. Slowly and steady she got up and walked to the door, she opened it and came face-to-face with Dick "Rise and shine." he said smiling "Goodmorning to you too." she smiled back "How are you feeling?" he asked "Good... good." she said "Listen, because i know that we can't say the same for Pete after the night he went through... i think we should do something about it." he said leaning against the wall "And what is that something??" she asked "Let's say... you call him and tell him that you need something... i don't know what. So he leaves training and come here and relaxes. Get some sleep you know." he suggested, she thought about it and nodded "Just wait some minutes before calling because he will get suspicious." Dick said walking off. 

~Minutes Later~

As the training was about to start when his phone started ringing he read 'Rae Rae' he turned and faced the others "Gotta take this." he pointed at the phone and walked some metres away. 

"Hey." he said "Sorry to interrupt but can you come here for a sec?" she asked "of course i'll be right there." he said quickly and closed the phone. "She needs something." he said as he sprinted out of the room "Good job." Kori said to Dick "I couldn't let him train in the condition he is in." he said and motioned to the rest of the team to start training.

~Peter's and Rachel's room~

"I'm here." he said as he opened the door to find Rachel on the bed. She patted the side next to her, he moved and sat next to her "What is it?" he asked not in a harsh tone, he was afraid that something might've happened.  "I was lonely. And for comany... there's no one better than you." she said "I... yeah no problem." he smiled and lay down next to her. She rested her head on his shoulder, silently watching TV. "You know... since we are here, i have some questions." he said looking at her, she got up and looked at him with a smile "About him." he pointed at the crystal on her forehead.  She got taken aback by the sudden question. But she nodded anyways. "Their is a possibility of him breaking out right?" he asked and she nodded "Is that avoidable?" he asked "I'm afraid not." she whispered while looking down. "How can we defeat him?" she looked away thinking "I can trap again-" Peter caught her off "If we can we are going to avoid that." she looked at him confused "It destroys you. And after the way i saw you today, if we can we will do it another way. A way that doesn't evolve torturing you day and night." he explained "Or that. We can kill him, wipe him out of existance or something like that." she said "How can that happen?" he asked "If i tell you, do you promise that after that you'll sleep?" she asked  closing the distance between them "Yeah." he said "It'll need something like a spell, but my magic isn't that much to do it." she informed him "it'll be." he said and kissed her. When they broke the kiss before she could realise it he was under the covers "If you need ANYTHING wake me up alright love?" he asked "I think that after the night you had, i'll taking care of you for now..." she said as she smiled. Smiling back Peter said a "Goodnight." before letting the need of sleep overwhelm him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~A little sneak peek from the next chapter~

"ARGH!" shouted Peter while falling on his knees, "what do we do?" Garfield asked as he was panicking "We need to.." Damian started to move closer to Peter who was holding his head very tight "STAY BACK!" Peter managed to shout and Damian stopped "We need a different approach..." Cyborg said and his hand changed into some form of cannon... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ So yeah, i will probably update once more today talking about a big milestone and something special  that has been given to me due to that milestone. Until then stay safe and close to the once you love. Cause after all family is our most valuable treasure people.