More Heartbreak.

~Two Days Later

Two days had passed, and Rachel didn't sleep a second. The minutes went by and by but time seemed frozen. He just wouldn't wake up. She did a lot of thinking, a lot of looking-back and she had realised that he wasn't the cheerful boy he once was when they met him. And he definetely wasn't this tired back then. But as she looked back and kept thinking about how things would've been if they were never together. How her father would not target him... how their visit in Gotham would've gone. She knew she needed to make a choice. Behind one option a path of risk lied. And behind the other, there was no risk, but it was the hardest path to walk on. But eventually she made her choice and didn't talk to anyone or had second  thoughts. She knew this had to be it. No one was talking her out of it.

~Titans Tower, 7:26 pm

Rachel was taking her daily look out of the window overseeing the city. The weather was foggy and moody, something she didnt mind at all. Peter was constantly getting visits from every member of the team, even Batman, Red Hood and Alfred visited but unfortunately he was still out. Bruce offered to help in any way he could and he was always one call away. Nightwing insisted that since Peter is a member of the Titans it should be their matter but Bruce insisted on it and he earned an agreement from Dick. Her gaze was unemotional even though inside  her there was a battle of emotions. 

"Hey."

A voice barely louder than a whisper caused her to snap out of her thoughts and look behind her. And there he stood, hands deep in his pockets covered in casual clothes to make him feel comfortable in this cold weather.

The first immediate reaction was to jump in his arms but her mind quickly stopped when she remembered everything that had transpired.

"Hey there."

Rachel said forcing a gentle smile on her pale face.

"What? No hug? No kiss for the injured.. well, not injured anymore but you get it."

The boy chuckled slightly at his own comment before falling silent waiting for an answer.

"I- there's nothing more I want to do right now. But- I think we can't be together anymore."

She blurted the last part out finally get it off her chest but the weight on her shoulders was still there. And it got even heavier.

"Sorry I must be hearing things, you didn't just say we can be together right?"

Taking his hands out of his pockets clearly distraught by the sudden change in the atmosphere.

"It's my father, he's targeting you and I can't afford to lose you. I really cant- I understand if you get mad or- or anything else I really understand."

In his own mind his entire world had just shattered infront of his eyes. But he managed, while tears flooded her eyes he put a smile on in an attempt to focus the girl.

"I understand."

The words were simple yet they sent a shiver down the girl's spine. It's not a response she expected, not at all. And the fact that he didn't go against it saddened her, truth is Peter is- was the best thing to ever happen to her, it's another thing that her dad took away from her.

"I never let anyone know who I was in fear of what would happen to the people i love. It is kind of similar to this."

Peter looked to the side where the window extended. Gazing over the endless sea.

"Well... thank you for everything."

With that, Spider-Man walked out of the room as the door closed behind him automatically leaving each of them with their own thoughts.