Chapter 1 : I Just Can't

A/N: Re-editing and improving some parts of the story starting 16/3/2016. Thanks for reading!

[Jane's P.O.V.]

"Annyonghaseyo!" My loud voice echoed through the concrete walls. 

"Naneun Jane Ling imnida. Nice to meet you all." I bowed as I smiled brightly. My eyes scanned the whole classroom. It was just like my old one back in Malaysia. Only here, all the students are Korean. The way they dress, the way they look, everything was slightly different from my past life. 

I kept the bright smile plastered on my face as I caught a glimpse of some students whispering as they look at me. Go on, I won't bite.

"Jane, find a seat and we will start the class."

"Ne, songsaengnim." I smiled again and walked towards an empty seat. There was a boy sitting beside it. and as I neared him I could see his facial details; thick eyebrows, shiny black hair and sharp eyes. What I can say is, he looked- bored.

"Can I sit here?" I asked with a cheerful tone. Trying my best to seem sweet, I guess. He looked up to me and rolled his eyes. His arms were folded as he leaned back on his chair. "WHATEVER."

Wow. That was just plain rude.  

I shot him a patient smile as I settled down beside him. "I'm Jane Ling, you?"

"Park Tae Joo."

"Oh, Park Tae Joo. Hm... Tae Joo. Can I call you that? " I wanted to start a conversation. He sighed and finally looked at me. "Look girl, let's just skip all the fancy introductions and focus on this class." then he looked away. 

Poof. I'm done with him. 

"Arraseo." I nodded to him and didn't said a word to him after that. I tried to focused on the teacher, the lesson and tried not to punch him in the face through the whole lesson. Somehow, I could sense someone staring at me but when I looked around, everyone was busy taking notes. 

"What an imagination, Jane." I whispered to myself. 

"Shut up."

So, such a nice way to start a new life. 

********

"She's the new girl." Whispers on the hallways were like whirlwinds in my ear. Whatever they're saying, it can be good or it can be very bad. So, who cares anyway? I came to study like any normal student, not a physic lecturer in my own head. Ugh. 

"13." I raised an eyebrow when I finally found my locker, which was also my favorite number. I placed my black school bag on top of the lockers. I was just about to open it when I heard the sound of people walking towards me. Faint footsteps.

"Yah, new girl."

I turned around to see who was talking to me. Geez. It wasn't such a beautiful view anyway. Just three Korean girl folding their arms, twisting the ends of their hair as they gave me a look. Just a look full of hatred, disgust and bossiness. 

Nothing special.

So, how about a simple hi? 

"Annyong-"

"SHUT UP." the girl in the middle walked up to me, her face was pretty, no denying that. Her hair was light brown, curly at the ends and she wore a pink scarf. From my point of view, she's none other than the school drama queen or the girl boss or whatever.

"You're the new girl, geuchi?"

She called me new girl just a while ago and now she's asking me about it. What an interesting way to start my first day.