Chapter 22 : Confession

Jane's P.O.V.

"Jane, kamu ada teman lelaki dah ke?" My mother asked. *Jane, do you have a boyfriend already?*

"Not yet, mom!" I answered. Geez, why is my mom asking like that?

"I want to tell you something, Jane." My mother took my hand and hold it tight. This is kinda awkward. "If you like someone, don't deny it, okay?"

I chuckled. "What are you talking about? I don't get it, mom."

"If someone likes you the way you are, and you like him too, accept him in your life." She continued. I was getting anxious. What in the world is she saying?

"Mak? Mak ni kenapa?" I said in Malay. I'm getting really confused now. *Mom? What's going on with you?"

She smiled but she didn't answer. She just stared me in the eyes. And I could see tears rolling down her cheeks

"Mom?"

"Jane, do you like protecting people?" She asked as she sniffled. I nodded. "Of course. Protecting people is one of my dreams. To make people safe and also my family."

"If you don't have any families?"

I froze. Wait. Mom. Dad. They're...

"I'll protect the people I love then." I suddenly answered.

"Who are your loves ones?"

"EXO." Wow, that suddenly came out from my mouth. I don't know. I think they are my love ones.

My mother smiled at me as she wiped her tears. "Great Jane, you know what you need to protect. You know who you LOVE."

I nodded and gave her a smile. Why is she crying? Why does she seem so sad?

"Jane, do you love someone?"

"Do Kyung Soo." These answers keep coming out and I couldn't control my mouth. Did I just say Kyung Soo's name to mom? Gosh this is embarassing!

She chuckled. "Right, that boy. Keep him safe."

I frowned. "What?"

"Goodbye, Jane." She smiled and let goes of my hand.

"Mom, where are you going? Mom!!" I shouted as she disappeared in the darkness. Darkness surrounded me and all I could do was cry.

"Omma..." I tried to search for her. Then I saw someone else.

"爸爸?" I gasped. It was my father. He is a Chinese and I always speak Chinese with him. He was standing in front of me with a wide smile. *father*

"Jane, protect who you love because they will protect you too." He said as he walked towards me. My tears were rolling down again as he smiled.

"Protect your love."

That was the last thing I heard before...

"AHHHHH!!!!" I gain my consiousness and founded myself lying on a sofa. Where am I?

Then my eyes fall on a guy beside me. He was sleeping and he was holding my hand. I shooked him.

"Kyung Soo-ah..."

He raised his head and I saw his teary eyes. His hair was messy and he seemed tired. His eyes widen whrn he saw me.

"Jane? Neo gwaenchana?" He squeezed my hand. I smiled.

"I'm fine, D.O!"

"Yah, why did you fainted? Did your phobia come back or something?"

I but my lips as I nodded slowly. He is the only person who knows I have phobia towards the dark.