Chapter 37 : Protect Our LOVE

[Two years ago, place : Malaysia]

The streets of the city was jam-packed with all sorts of vehicles. It was a Sunday morning but business kept going on inside a well-known cafe.

A girl dressed simply entered the cafe with a nervous look. She has long curly hair tied into a ponytail. In her hand was an advertisement. The cafe was flooded with people. The girl just walked towards the counter, where there was a boy. He was scribbling something on a piece of paper.

"Excuse me?"

He didn't look up. "Yes?"

"I'm here for the waitress replacement."

"Oh... so, you want to work here?"

"Yes..."

"But you need to be interviewed and all before you get the job." He kept talking while writing and didn't even raise his head to look at the girl.

"I'll do anything for this job." The girl said confidently.

The boy nodded with a skeptical look and finally looked up. The girl gave him a sincere smile. Which made him speechless.

"I'll be the best waitress ever if you accept me. So, when do I start the interview?" She asked.

The boy was totally dumbfounded. He felt insecure for a second.

"Sir?"

"Call me Daniesh!" He stuttered.

"Okay then, Daniesh. When do we..."

"YOU'RE HIRED!!!" Daniesh exclaimed loudly.

The girl blinked in confusion and shock by his sudden exclaim. "Oh, if that's so. When do I start working?"

"TOMORROW!"

"Em. Alright then, Daniesh. I'll come first thing in the morning." She smiled. Daniesh widen his eyes.

"WAIT!"

The girl looked at him with a startled expression.

"What... what is your name?" Daniesh gulped as he stammered.

The girl gave him a smile. A wide and sweet smile. Daniesh's jaws dropped. He felt so hypnotized by the girl's lovely face smiling.

"I'm Jane Ling."

********

"Dad!" Daniesh came running to his father that was in the basement below their cafe. He was just going to leave when his son came.

"What now?" Din looked at him.

"We have a new worker."

"Who?"

"A girl. Her name is Jane Ling and she'll be working for the part time job starting tomorrow."

Din nodded as he glanced down to the dark basement. Daniesh rised his eyebrows. What is his dad looking at? "Dad?"

"Son, I want you to handle her and make sure she does her job well."

A smile appeared across Daniesh's face. "I'll do my best!"

Din just nodded with a faint grin. "Haven't seen you thrilled like this for a long time."

Daniesh blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Well, little did this 16 year old boy knows that he's falling into a really sweet trap.

********

"So, this is all you need to know about our cafe." Daniesh ended a with a grin. He stood right beside the counter facing the new waitress.

Jane.