Chapter 7 : Do Kyung Soo

[Do Kyung Soo's P.O.V.]

|A few years ago|

"Jagiya..." I sweetly smiled at my girlfriend, sitting right across me while sipping her favorite bubble tea. She was beautiful as always, and I would never trade her with anything else. She means everything to me. 

Maybe this is the perfect time to tell her. 

"Kyung Soo-"

"Ji Yan-"

We both stared at each other. She broke the eye contact and looked down. I couldn't help myself but t frown, thinking that something is definitely wrong with her. 

"What's the matter, Ji Yan?"

"I..." she lifts up her head, and her face expression changed. I could see this pain in her eyes. 

"Let's break up."

A short silence invaded our surrounding as I registered all the information. I looked at her, my jaws dropped and my heartbeat going faster as it could ever be. 

"Y- You're kidding, geuchi?" I stammered. She must be joking around. Is April Fool around the corner?

Unfortunately, she looked serious. Ji Yan swept her hair back behind her ear, and nodded at me. "I'm serious, Kyung Soo. Let's- b-break up." Her voice sounded pretty shaky for a while there I was still thinking that she was joking. 

"No, that's- That's not gonna happen." I faked a smile, my back was already dripping with beads of cold sweat. 

"Mian," she bit her lips and stared at me in the eyes. "But I don't want to be a girlfriend to someone- someone I don't love."

I could clearly hear the sound of my heart breaking down, shattering into pieces. 

"You don't love me?" Tear started to form around the corner of eyes. This. This is not what I've planned for us. 

She shook her head, pressing her lips into a thin line and sighed.  "I'm sorry, Kyung Soo. I don't want to lie to you anymore. I- I don't love you." 

I had no other choice but to stare at her with my broken heart. 

No. She loves me. She loves me so much she even brought me to see her parents, her sister and all her friends. We love each other with all our hearts. But why now? Why is she dumping me?

"Again, I'm sorry. For everything." She stood up and grabbed her purse. "Goodbye, Kyung Soo." She smiled for the very last time and made her way out of the cafe. I froze at my seat, not believing anything that just happened. 

Ji Yan. Kim Ji Yan. 

"Ji Yan!" I hurriedly ran out the cafe, chasing after her.

"Y-you can't do this to me. What happened to happily ever after? What happened to all out dreams together?" I shouted, making her stop in her tracks. 

She slowly turned, and I can see that tears were streaking down her face. It broke my heart even more. 

"Do Kyung Soo. I'm sorry, but I don't want to give you false hope anymore."

"Jagi-"

"I'm not your jagi anymore. I don't love you, Kyung Soo." She said and smiled weakly to me. 

Without another word, she turned around and walked away. I was left there, with a broken heart and shattered dreams. I took out the folded paper in my pocket and opened it up. My tears came rolling down, and it even soaked the paper. It was what I've been preparing to show her.