15 ~ Princess's Last day in Mahabaleshgarh

Abhishree POV

I woke up as I hear a lot of voices of girls talking and anklet bells. Opening my eyes my sight fell on the girl opening the curtains and a few entering with big plates of jewellery, clothes and a lot of stuff. I saw Sakhi bai helping them to keep it on couches and tables. 

I realised that it was my wedding. The thought of marriage and experiencing it right away made my heart miss some beats. I looked around me and the preparation was already started. Sakhi bai came running to me seeing me awake.

"Abhi, Go take the bath first" She ordered being busy with work. 

I sat up listening to her and just then reality hit me. It was my wedding. It was for real not a dream. I remembered how I talked to Maa saheb about my marriage like a desperate girl. But I wanted my freedom more than the wedding. 

My engagement with him was done with the help of his sword. I got engaged with his sword. I was never interested in marriage in the first place but last night's talk with him made me feel blessed with such a brother and Fiance. 

"Get up Abhi, Maa saheb will come any time" Sakhi bai pulled me from the bed and I giggled.

"I am going Sakhi," I said with a smile.

"Then Go, It's your wedding and I don't want it to be late," She said with a tense face.

"You know what, Prince is busy with her sister. She is ill and he will not come outside until she is fine. We have to hurry. You have to go from here before he got to know" She said with a shivering and tensed tone.

His words made me remember his face when he heard the name 'Gulaab bai'.

"Gulaab Bai?" I asked her.

she nodded asking me in return "How you know?"

"I heard from someone and you know what his face changed all of a sudden listening to her name," I said.

"Yes, I heard that he loves his sister very much. He is so protective of her." She said in a calm voice.

"Whatever, All I know is he is an animal for me" I spat back in anger and moved to the bathroom. 

Checking the temperature of the warm water and letting the clothes free from my body I sat in the bath. The warm water relieved my muscles and I closed my eyes. 

I instantly opened my eyes as the first face that came to my mind was the Prince. He was very close to me during the fight. I remembered that our lips were so close and he darted his eyes over me and his flirtatious dialogues.

I filled the pot with water and continuously poured it on my head to clear his thoughts. Why the hell he was coming into my brain a day before my wedding? 

I try to calm my breath and let the warm water soothe my muscles. The warning that maa saheb gave me last night alarming in my ears. Thinking about what would happen if that animal got to know about my Plan made my heart race. 

'Be Brave Abhi...be brave'

I collected my strength and after finishing my bath I came out. I saw Maa saheb just entered with a lot of ladies carrying something in their hands. I wore a plain cream lehenga choli after my bath and a few ladies guided me in front of the mirror to dry my hair.

Everything was happening so fast that I didn't even get a chance to do or say anything. The chamber was filled with girls talking and giggling. 

Maa saheb came towards me and with a tense face sat beside me. 

"Hurry up, Abhi. Just go away from here as soon as possible" Her words were harsh but I could sense the care behind them for me. 

"Can I ask you something?" She said.