42 ~ Prince wants to spend the night with Princess

Sorry lovelies for the Late Update but I thought that I could update by 8 but my boss asked me to something and I edited the chapter after coming home. Sorry lovelies for waiting for this much. 😢😢😢

Next update after 785 votes!!!

Vote faster or Vote now Every single vote matters. 😎😎😎

Abhishree POV

I didn't know why I was feeling a little uncomfortable when his arm was around my waist and we were close to each other. Whatever happened in the Haldi ritual was enough to open my eyes. The arguments, I have heard regarding the wedding in the ritual were strong and forced me to doubt our relationship too. I didn't know that our relationship was pure or not but it always felt right, comfortable, and beautiful being with the Prince. 

The moment he filled the vermillion in the partition of my hairs on the forehead, I accepted him as my husband, I accepted his family as mine and I accepted his parents as mine like any other woman. I respected the bond of vermillion irrespective of the emotion behind it. I knew that he did all that in anger but still I couldn't disrespect the Holy vermillion by not accepting it. 

I was in a dilemma of right and wrong and somehow I couldn't comprehend what was right and what was wrong? I heard the royal ladies in Haldi function saying Wedding rituals are so pure and they should be fulfilled properly. No marriage was considered complete and fruitful if the vows, Mantras weren't chanted properly. 

He Suddenly replied catching my attention.

"Means? Why can't you stay here forever? You are my wife now and this is your home, Palace, Empire, and these peoples are your now."

I could see the worries in those lines on his forehead, but I needed to calm my heart by telling what I was feeling.

I smiled fakely a little and looked down before saying softly.

"You know, It's all a lie. We are lying from everyone from the beginning."

He looked at me asked surprisingly. "What?... I mean what is the lie?" 

I inhaled a breathe to collect myself and say what I was thinking at that moment.

"Prince, Our marriage is not real." 

"What do you mean it's not real?" He replied quickly aligning my chin up with his index finger and forced me to look into his eyes. 

I looked into his eyes, They were dark as usual but had a lightness of pain. The slight yellow-orangish sunlight that was falling on the side of his face was glowing his tanned skin beautifully. I diverted my gaze to the rays and I could see the big setting sun behind his shoulder that was hiding behind the great walls of the Palace slightly visible to me. 

I diverted my gaze back to him as he cupped my cheek softly.

"Tell me Abhi, what's bothering you?" He asked softly. 

I looked into his eyes and held his wrist as his hand was cupping my cheek. "The vows, All those promises that you made on our wedding... I don't know but I never thought that they are not the real ones until today. The marriage is considered complete only when all the rituals are fulfilled wholeheartedly. And our rituals didn't. So, The wedding is incomplete and so do our relationships. We never told anyone about this and hiding something is considered a lie. They think that we are married but actually, we are not. It's a lie, complete lie"

After saying all that in a breathe, I lowered my hand and took a few steps away from him. I was feeling as if something heavy was kept on my Heart.