Once Angels

I'm thankful.

I bury my head without thinking into Taehyung's chest, inhaling the sharp scent of cheeseburgers.

Finally something similar to home.

"Are you hungry?" Taehyung asks sweetly.

He sets me down on the kitchen counter and lifts my head so I can look in his eyes.

I nod.

"Me too." He chuckles. "I always am." He pats his belly and smiles at me.

He opens the fridge and I can see him dart his tongue out to lick his lips. The temptation for him to eat is huge. I can see it.

"Do you like... chips?"

I nod.

He quickly shuts the fridge and opens one of the cabinets, grabbing a large bag of chips with a note that says:

Property of Taehyung,
touch it and I'll kill you.

I make a mental note that no matter how I may affect them, they are and always will be demons.

He opens the bag filled with demon shaped chips with a loud pop and holds the open bag out for me. He smiles sweetly.

"Is it okay for me to...?"

"Of course!" He says. "I... honestly don't want you to be scared. I want to make you feel at home." He says softly, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I smile at him and grab a handful of chips, thanking him.

Taehyung immediately grabs a handful himself and stuffs them into his mouth, barely fitting them all as his cheeks inflate with all the chips.

I giggle at his greediness and wipe one bit of the crunchy food away from his lips.

Taehyung's cheeks fill with a cute red pinkish, hiding his face slightly.

"I... Sorry." He mumbles. "I didn't mean to be so messy."

"It was one chip!" I laugh. "It's okay."

Taehyung blushes shyly. "O-okay..."

Taehyung jumps onto the counter next to me, smiling widely as we eat the bag empty together.

I learn a bit about him.

He's the second youngest, demon of Gluttony and generally a nice person. He's a little hot-headed but he enjoys walking around town and going out to dinner or lunch just to eat different things. He likes to play video games sometimes with Jungkook.

He sometimes does make-overs with Jimin and helps the older demon sometimes with his needs since he knows how rough a never-ending possession can be.

He explained to me what his Gluttony is like.

It's never-ending hunger. He will eat anything when it comes down to it, and not in the good way. He would eat spoiled food, unhealthy, healthy.

Just to know that the hunger in his stomach will never be satisfied is sad. I really wish that I could do something about it.

"I... really wanna thank you for listening. My brothers usually don't."

"Why?"

"They're all so busy with their own possession." Taehyung mumbles. "We're all brothers, and of course we have secrets from each other, but what we don't say is usually what we need to know to loosen up. Of course, we're going into our late puberty years, but still, it's just... painful. To see my brothers at each other's throats, you know?"