The Call

On my way upstairs, I bump into a demon I've never seen before. His hair is a lilac purple that is swept to thr side to his left, but before I can get a good look he pushes me out of the way and runs downstairs.

I hear the fridge open and close before the demon rushes upstairs again and escapes into his room, forgetting to close the door.

I look around before peeking inside.

The demon slides onto his knees and puts on his headphones, immediately yelling out that he's back and opens the can of... Goke...

Gross.

Although I never tasted it before. I can't judge.

The demon, I realize, is wearing comfortable casual clothes and is reaching for a controller.

On a large screen in front of him is a video game displayed. A first-person shooter that shows a circle in the bottom with a charge of 94%, two abilities and a cooldown on one of them of 3 seconds.

The crosshair is a long yellow cross with open space in the middle.

The character seems to be female and a sniper as I see him press a button to scope in.

Hearing the accent of voice lines when the now fully charged circle activates back to zero I can tell the character is French.

The map is quickly shown as he moves swiftly around the map, hidden from sight of the enemies but having enough room for sneaky shots.

What an interesting game! It almost looks like...

"Come on dude! This is Overwatch! There is never no toxicity!" The demon laughs.

Overwatch!

In surprise from the sound of being headshot and speaker practically hanging off the walls, I kick open the door and manage to fall inside.

Thank my clumsy self.

The demon quickly snaps his head towards me with wide eyes.

He bares his gritted teeth and I widen my eyes as the sudden chill attitude of the demon has disappeared like my confidence.

"Y-your game..." I stutter.

"The fight is already won." The demon growls back.

His eyes begin to glow brightly, purple reflecting off the walls as in a split second when I blink stands a new creature before me.

A demon. The same as before.

But with strong branched coral-like horns that curl upwards and a serpentine tail swaying slowly and diamond markings on his neck.

His nails are sharp and his teeth have grown short but sharp fangs.

"Say goodbye, miserable human!" He growls loudly and rushes in to attack me.

I remember Namjoon's words.

"If anyone ever tried to attack you in this world, run.

And so I do. I turn on my heels and I run as fast as I can, but me being clumsy, I trip over my own feet and manage to stumble onto the floor.

I hear a loud demonic growl behind me and I prepare myself for death. But it doesn't come.

I open my eyes, gasping when I see Taehyung standing over me.

He... has horns too... but instead of a tail, he has wings.

Black ridged horns that curl around his head like a circlet, eyes that glow with furious anger and insectoid wings ready to take the demon with him to the end of the world, only to drop him into the abyss.