A Broken Heart

Two people voted on different things, so I will go with the one that has the most impact on the story.

Chosen Choice:
III. Refuse

Chances of Dialog:

"C-can you h-hear m-me?"

"They'll be jealous."

=====

I bite my lip, looking down at his lips. It's so tempting to just... place my lips on his own. To feel the soft skin against mine.

But I have to be strong. This is not a game of falling in love.

Jimin told me this feeling is part of the pact, he never said it was real. I don't think Hoseok realizes this.

I look up at him and already at the sad gleam in my eyes gives him a sad frown. I can see the hurt that's starting to tear up in tears and I feel bad for leaving him like this.

His grip on my hands tightens before he lets go, his hands clenching to fists to ease the tension.

"... Why not?" He then whispers in a broken voice. "Is it me? Did I do something wrong?"

His voice becomes higher, broken and cracks at the end, soft tears than streaming down his fragile cheeks.

I shake my head. "It's not that. It's not you at all. I just... this feeling, it's not real."

"It is!"

"No, Hoseok. It's the pact. Jimin explained it to me. Whatever you feel for me, what I feel for you... It's part of being in a pact. It's a feeling to draw closer. I don't want to make you feel or believe things that are fake."

"But what if I want it...?" He whimpers. "What if I'd rather have it fake? Even if my love for you is merely a joke, why does it hurt so much when you do this to me?" He grits his teeth, but I hear a held back sob coming from him.

"I'm sorry..."

He wipes his tears with a scowl, sniffling and looking away from me. "Fine..." He mumbles. "Fine..."

He turns away from me, the pain in my heart almost being too much.

Then he turns to me again. "If you're scared of the voice again... Don't come to me. Go back to my fucking brother. You like him so much? Than any didn't you make a fucking pact with him?!"

He grabs my waist, much too tightly.

"You don't know how painful this is to me." He growls. "I don't want to cry. I don't even want to feel this broken. But I am. I'm crying for you and you refuse me like that... I confessed to you. I threw my pride away for you and gave you my possession. I gave myself to you. And you ripped me apart... Threw me down like a vase."

His grip tightens.

"There's one way to break a pact." He growls deeply, his eyes burning into mine.

I'm starting to feel a bit scared honestly... The look he's giving me is nowhere near friendly.

"To kill your partner." He snarls.

In the blink of an eye, he's taken his demon form, his sharp nails digging into my skin.

His hands curl up to my throat, and all I can do is stand there, frozen in pain and guilt from my own choice.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok..."

"No you're not." He growls. "You're everything but sorry. Maybe I should have never opened up to you. You just wanted to break my heart!"