ɴᴏᴇɴ'ꜱ ʟɪꜰᴇ.

before the cell phone days, noen spent his entire life worrying about reality. it bit him on the ass really early, and now he was in fear of it all. he always dreamed one day he'd find his dream family, but he knew it wouldn't happen. he'd be 18 next year, and wouldn't be under DCF anymore. 

on a recent Sunday while at lunch with his friend miles, noen received a lot of disrespect from their waitress. she hit on miles, but gave noen dirty looks and rolled her eyes when he tried to speak to her. 

"Excuse me, can i get a refill?" he asked, smiling. she rolled her eyes, grabbing his cup off the table and walking off. "uh, thanks." he said, frowning a bit. "anything i can get you sweetheart?" she asked, placing her hand on miles' shoulder. "no, but thanks!" he responded.

noen stared at him in silence before  saying something.. "what?" miles asked, once he noticed the starring. "see! you don't notice." noen said, frowning. "i do notice. she's being a bitch but-"
"but what?"
"-but we're in public."
"and?" 
"i can't start a scene."
"you don't have to! she just needs to be politely redirected!"
"then why don't you do it?"
"because im shy. and anti-social."
"your anti-social because you want to be."
"well with where im staying im practically forced to be."
"you were social enough to talk to me last year."
"that was last year. you were new to the home, and needed someone on your side. i didn't want them to make you feel they made me feel. but it seems like they liked you instantly." 
"noen, just because they like me doesn't make what you wanted for me any less meaningful. you have a kind heart and i know eventually they'll open up." 
"eight years miles. theres no opening up." 

miles looked down at his hands, feeling bad for noen. why did they treat him like this? yeah, Miles was way more extroverted then Noen, but him and noen were practically the same person in different bodies. it disappointed him to see that they took noen for nothing, even though he was so much more. 

"well, if they don't open up someone will." miles said, smiling at noen. noen gave an emotionless expression, looking out the window. "hey." miles said, taking his hand. "i did." he smiled. noen chuckled and smiled. "thats true. and im glad you did." noen said, sitting up more.

miles was the only person on the planet who was on noen's side. miles was like his brother. the older brother he needed. the older brother he never had. even though miles was younger, his eyes were always opened. 

miles always knew how to make noen smile, and thats all noen ever needed. when miles was there, they were all good.

"so, ya gonna ask that waiter lady out?" noen said, chuckling. "hell no! she's a total bitch to you, why would i do that?" miles said, smiling. "i don't know, she seems to like you!" noen said. "you know- she never got me my drink." he said, rolling his eyes. "what an ass, lets get outta here." miles said. 

and with that, both boys left. without paying for there food. 

noen spent most of his life in his room with miles. they were either talking shit about the world, or playing rock-paper-scissors to see who gets the last muffin. (not to mention, but most of the time they end up splitting it.) but other times, noen spent the time alone on his bunk, drawing more designs for his future fashion show. 

noen's biggest dream? to have his designs out in the world. would that ever happen? h e never though it would, and neither did anyone else- well, miles did. miles always believed in noen, whether it was over silly things or really serious manners. 

"so, whatcha making this show about?" miles asked, seeing noen drawing once again. "well i was watching the little mermaid with Angilena yesterday and now i really wanna try some Disney inspired designs!" noen said, smiling. 

Angilena was the only other person in the home who actually liked noen. but then again- she was 4 years old and 'didn't know any better.' she was the sweetest little thing, but most of the kids bullied her because of her skin condition. she was born with vitiligo, so when they first started pushing her around it was miles to the rescue. of course noen wanted to say something, but he would probably get called white trash again- being that most of the kids were Spanish, and he was white.

he didn't understand; miles was white. why didn't they hate him? so it couldn't be the fact that noen was white. maybe it was his hair? but some of the girl they were friends with had blonde hair, so that can't be it. it was probably because he was the shortest male in the home. 5'5, while the rest of the guys were like 5'7 to 5'9. but miles was 5'6... 
none of it made sense anymore. noen couldn't figure out why they hated him so much.
oh wait.
he knew why.
they hated him because they wanted to.

"nice! hey, make sure you get something' i'd where. i plan on walking your runway at least twice a month." mile smiled. noen chuckled and nodded. "picture this-" miles said, getting up from his bed. 

"a pitch black room. lights go on, and the announcement comes on; 'and now, noen's Disney inspired line - featuring Miles DiCaprio!" miles joked, striking random poses. "ah! yes! a queen at his finest work!" noen said, laughing. "indeed! i am godly!" miles said, chuckling. 

"that would be awesome." Noen said, smiling. "yeah. maybe one day, we'll be as big as the Hudson family." miles said, sitting down next to noen. "like Chase Hudson? yeah right. we'd probably flop!" noen chuckled. "like his brother did? we both know their parent's only favorite chase because he made it big and Kendall didn't." miles chuckled. "stop making jokes about Kendall! just because he topped the charts once doesn't make him any less." noen said. "alright, alright fine." 

there was a small hint of silence before noen spoke again, looking at miles. "dude, have you ever thought you were related to Leonardo DiCaprio?" he asked. "yeah, my older brother tried to make me think he was our uncle. he tried to make the home think the same so they would send us to him. it didn't work." miles said. both boys laughed. "at least he tried." noen said, shrugging. 

noen lived his life, almost the same everyday. no adventure, no fun. just drawing and joking with Miles. seemed simple, but it wasn't fun. 

it wasn't fun at all. 

but little did he know, that very soon all that would change. 

soon enough, noen's life would be nothing but adventure and fun. 

(𝐀/𝐍): 𝐡𝐞𝐲! 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠- 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞! 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐏𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟! 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭! 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨, 𝐢𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐭'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭! 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. 𝐛𝐮𝐭- 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐬. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. (𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐦 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐋𝐌𝐅𝐀𝐎) 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐞𝐞!