ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓟𝓞𝓥

here we go. i'm about to break up with josh. not like i'm nervous- well, maybe a little. i've never actually broken up with somebody before. like ever. every relationship i've ever been in ended with me getting my heart broken so this is very new. 

i had been laying on josh watching a movie when i brought up the concept. "josh?" i asked, placing my chin on his chest. "yeah?" he said, looking down at me. "i think we should break up.." i mumbled. "what? why?!" he asked, looking at me a bit panicked. 

i sat up moving off of him before i spoke again. "well i was talking to anthony and- and-" i started, before i felt the tears well up in my eyes. "-i knew all along that you were using me! you really thought you could get away with this?! it's just disappointing that i had to hear all this come from my best friend!" i said. "what are you talking about?!" josh asked. "anthony told me everything. your using me for my empire, and you don't want anything for me except misery." i said, crossing my arms. 

"he said all that to you?" josh asked, looking a bit worried. i nodded and sat back on the sofa. "baby- he's lying to you. i have no idea where the hell he got that from but it's all lies. i knew from the day you met that guy that he was a trash friend."

"what do you mean? anthony would never lie to me." 

"well he is. he probably made all that up because he hates me. so do your other friends. don't they know people change?" 

"yeah... maybe people do change..." i said, looking down. 

what Anthony's changing? what if he's beginning to become the old josh?! he lied to me! i can't believe he'd make all that up! 

"i'm sorry." i mumbled. "don't be sweetheart. i love you." josh smiled, pulling me into his arms. "i love you too." i said. 

why would anthony of all people lie to me? does he really hate josh that much? 

that same day at around 6 PM, i made my way to anthony's house to confront him on his lies. i should've known from the start that he was nothing but a jealous freak! 

"anthony, its me." i said, knocking on his room door. "its open. i don't have pants on though, boxers have been the vibe lately." he said, chuckling. i went into his room and sat on his gamer chair by his desk before speaking. 

"wassup bro?" he asked, smiling. "why did you lie to me?" i asked. "what?" he said, confused. "why did you lie?!" i asked again. "about?" 

"josh!"

"i didn't lie." 

"yes you did! you've been nothing but jealous and defensive ever since the josh problems started!" 

"i didn't lie, he's a selfish no-good lunatic who deserves nothing but to feel the pain he's brought everyone!" 

"don't talk about him like that! he's a great guy! don't you realize that people can change?!" 

"yeah i realize that but josh will always be josh!" 

"i'm starting to think your changing yourself. how do you know that stuff anyway?!" 

"because bryce told me everything! he wanted me to tell you because he knew you'd trust me more then him!"

"oh sure! because bryce is on my side!" 

"he is! he just wants to look out for you and so do i!" 

"anthony cut the crap! im sick of you lying to me!"

"chase nobody's lying to you!" 

"your full of shit anthony. you really have changed. your not the guy i befriended in the 10th grade!" 

"maybe i'm not! and because im not maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore!" 

"maybe we shouldn't!" 

"well then its settled, you can leave." 

and with that, i left. i never thought that would happen. i never thought anthony would say those things. i never thought i'd be loosing my best friend... 

when i left the room, i stood by the door and count down from three; its our three second rule. when we had an argument, we'd wait three seconds before leaving just in case things could be fixed in time. 

"3." i started. 

"2." 

"1!" 

not a sound. 

i don't have a best friend anymore. 

𝓐𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓷𝔂 𝓟𝓞𝓥

i sat down by the door and let the tears flood my face. this can't be happening- this didn't happen! i'm dreaming! this is all just a strange nightmare! 

thats what i thought, but when i pinched myself- and it wasn't a dream. 

i haven't changed, i know i haven't. chase did. and it's all josh's fault. chase is too caught up in his web of lies to realize it too. 

but what was really bothering me? bryce. 

this was all bryce's fault. maybe it we never would've went with this i would still have my best friend! 

when i see him tomorrow, he is not going to like me at all.